DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

On the Fence about DJI Goggles

hychewright

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hello Pilots, I've been flying my Mavic Pro for 3 years now and never flown FPV. Watched many video's on fpv and it looks like a lot of fun. I've read that the DJI goggles would pair up to my Mavic Pro with no trouble. For those pilots that have DJI goggles, how is the experience? Some say that they wouldn't ever fly without them again. If you have the goggles, do you think they are worth the money? In advance...... thanks for your opinion on the goggles. Safe Flying!

Hello Pilots, I've been flying my Mavic Pro for 3 years now and never flown FPV. Watched many video's on fpv and it looks like a lot of fun. I've read that the DJI goggles would pair up to my Mavic Pro with no trouble. For those pilots that have DJI goggles, how is the experience? Some say that they wouldn't ever fly without them again. If you have the goggles, do you think they are worth the money? In advance...... thanks for your opinion on the goggles. Safe Flying!
I use to own the white goggles and used them with my mavic zoom it was awsome experience the only prob I had my self was my surroundings could not see around my self when flying and the other problem was sweating when it gets hot out it sucked lol flying with them on so I got rid of the goggles and got the Epson bt35e glasses and that fixed my problems. Are the goggles worth it yes FPV Flying is awsome ut if you got the funds I'd go with the Epson.

I have the original white goggles and I enjoy flying with them. I don’t get the chance as often as I would like because I do not always have a visual observer along.

A couple of comments are useful for first time buyers. First, some people get very dizzy using them while many folks are OK. It is also something I think you can used to with repeated use. Second, the resolution is not as high as I would prefer. It is either 720p or 1080p depending on the drone and camera settings. If you can imagine a 10ft diagonal TV screen with basic HD resolution viewed at 10ft you can see the limitations of the resolution and artifacts. For some it is fine, I would prefer better. If you wear glasses there is another whole set of issues to consider as well.

Having said all of this they are a lot of fun and cool to be able to feel like you are truly flying around up in the air like the birds. One of my favorite things is to view previously captured 360 deg panoramas by just moving your head around.

Reactions: hychewright
I have used goggles (Fat Shark) on a number of large drones I built and loved them, except for not being able to see the drone visually. I have converted to the MOVERIO BT-300 and MOVERIO BT-35, and they are PERFECT. They allow you to see the drone and the screen at the same time. (
). It complies with the FAA Regulations and can be used with the Smart Controller (with the HDMI adapter) or with the regular controllers. I use them with my SPARK, Mavic Air 1, and Mavic 2 Zoom. I am generally not willing to promote a specific product, but these have converted me!

A friend of mine assembled a drone complete with goggles. When I tried looking through them, I got motion sickness in less than one minute. So, although I don’t own goggles, I can say with confidence to stay away if you’re prone to motion sickness. ?

Reactions: hychewright
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78