DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

On the Fence DJI Goggles

I’ve tried everything I really wanted them to work I’ve tried every power glasses

I actually took a pair of cheap readers and snipped the ear pieces off, where they connect to the frame. Then I cut a couple of small foam blocks for the ends and slipped them in to hold the lenses in the goggles. Sounds complicated but it wasn’t, since I like tinkering anyway.

Works like a charm and saved me the cost of diopters.

I actually took a pair of cheap readers and snipped the ear pieces off, where they connect to the frame. Then I cut a couple of small foam blocks for the ends and slipped them in to hold the lenses in the goggles. Sounds complicated but it wasn’t, since I like tinkering anyway.

Ha! See?! If there's a will...

Ok pilots I am about ready to order me a pair of Dji goggles. I appreciate all the info you guys have given me. I really like the idea of actually (sight wise) setting in the cockpit of the Mavic .

Just to reinforce the point about glasses for anyone who just needs reading glasses, I wear a cheap pair without any problems in my RE edition goggles. In fact they are great when you wear a pair with a stronger magnification than you need for an enhanced immersive experience.

Love these goggles.
1080 each eye.
Complete integration with the aircraft. Real time telemetry in HD.
Head tracking is amazing.
They are way ahead of anything else out there.
Nothing else compares.
You won't be disappointed.
Hi Robert, I just bought the RE Goggles. Question? In the view window it says either HD Analog or HD Digital. I'm not going to race this yet so what do I set it at? Not having a good manual does not help. Age is also a factor.(74).

Hi Robert, I just bought the RE Goggles. Question? In the view window it says either HD Analog or HD Digital. I'm not going to race this yet so what do I set it at? Not having a good manual does not help. Age is also a factor.(74).
I don’t remember seeing that choice, but it’s been a long time since I set them up. I’m thinking either would work, one might have less latency, or range. I just don’t know.
Try downloading the goggles . PDF manual, or do a search for the setup demo on YouTube.
Good luck and keep us posted.

Reactions: WAXMAN
I don’t remember seeing that choice, but it’s been a long time since I set them up. I’m thinking either would work, one might have less latency, or range. I just don’t know.
Try downloading the goggles . PDF manual, or do a search for the setup demo on YouTube.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Is their a PDF manual?? Thanks for the quick reply Robert. Chuck

I'm actually going to the eye doctor tomorrow to get a new pair, was thinking the same thing as you for my old pair. Was going to cut off the arms and then figure it out but you've solved my dilemma! Thank you! Thumbswayup

I wear progressive glasses and got the first run of white DJI goggles. I went to the eye doctor for a new proscription and explained to doc about goggles, I even brought them in and she tried them on. She did some figuring and set the focal distance at about 13” with me. She wrote the prescription for that and I headed to a cheap “in about a hour”
eyeglass place. Picked cheap plastic lens and metal thin frames that weren’t to big and would fit inside of goggles. Worked fine.
Just got a new pair of racing DJI goggles and tried ordering a set of DJI diopter lenses in 4.0, didn’t work and they even hit my face worse than if I was wearing my glasses.
Looking to sell original white pair soon, didn’t really use them much. Ordered the racing model because I was trying
Fpv racing but that’s going very badly [emoji85] old guy trying new controls that are different but kinda the same.

Hello Pilots, I've had my MP for 2 years now and I'm thinking that I would like to set in the cockpit and look down at mother earth. I am about to pull the trigger on the dji goggles. I've read a lot of pro and con on the goggles and now at $349 sounds like a pretty good deal.

Those who have the goggles, do you like them? Do they have head tracking and does it work good? I know they are a bit heavy on your head and probably not balanced very well? How is the screen? Just your general feelings about the goggles and are they worth the $. Thanks
In my neck of the woods, the goggles now sell for $250 on craigslist. I suspect they are practically new. The buyer simply didn't use them often enough to just sit on the shelf. I bought mine used, and they work without issue, ever.

Reactions: Drone_guy
you won't regret it. The DJI Goggles are far better than Litchi, which splits the signal in two, so if your phone is 1080, you get 540 in each eye.

I'm going to work on getting the my antenna situation solved first and then I'm going to get the goggles, unless I find a great deal on a new pair.

Hello Pilots, I've had my MP for 2 years now and I'm thinking that I would like to set in the cockpit and look down at mother earth. I am about to pull the trigger on the dji goggles. I've read a lot of pro and con on the goggles and now at $349 sounds like a pretty good deal.

Those who have the goggles, do you like them? Do they have head tracking and does it work good? I know they are a bit heavy on your head and probably not balanced very well? How is the screen? Just your general feelings about the goggles and are they worth the $. Thanks

I have the headset and I LOVE it. I actually need to get new glasses as being nearsighted I have to adjust my glasses to use the headset. A couple things you should remember though. If your going to use the headset you are supposed to have another person to keep a visual line of sight on your drone.

Also others said something about the control on the headset is not for them... You can still use your regular controller as your primary controller and your headset would be the secondary controller. Ultimatly if you have that 2nd person they should have the controller just in case.

But YA its worth it, plus you can use them to watch other things as well....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair