DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

On the Fence DJI Goggles

hychewright

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hello Pilots, I've had my MP for 2 years now and I'm thinking that I would like to set in the cockpit and look down at mother earth. I am about to pull the trigger on the dji goggles. I've read a lot of pro and con on the goggles and now at $349 sounds like a pretty good deal.

Those who have the goggles, do you like them? Do they have head tracking and does it work good? I know they are a bit heavy on your head and probably not balanced very well? How is the screen? Just your general feelings about the goggles and are they worth the $. Thanks

Hello Pilots, I've had my MP for 2 years now and I'm thinking that I would like to set in the cockpit and look down at mother earth. I am about to pull the trigger on the dji goggles. I've read a lot of pro and con on the goggles and now at $349 sounds like a pretty good deal.

Those who have the goggles, do you like them? Do they have head tracking and does it work good? I know they are a bit heavy on your head and probably not balanced very well? How is the screen? Just your general feelings about the goggles and are they worth the $. Thanks
May be a bit heavy, but they are balanced for me, the battery in the back counters the light front. Head tracking works well. I have not tried to fly the Mavic with the head tracking turning the Mavic, but looking around is fun. I felt they were worth it to get the FPV for a DJI bird.

Reactions: WAXMAN
Can you look left and right with the goggles or only up and down? I mean without turning the mavic.

Goggles will go about 30 degrees as that’s as far as the camera will move on the Gen 1 Pro . I love the headtracking for flying and just looking around .

Reactions: Drone_guy
Goggles will go about 30 degrees as that’s as far as the camera will move on the Gen 1 Pro . I love the headtracking for flying and just looking around .

Thank you. I'm using my phone and Litchi to do FPV but would love to step up to the goggles.

I use my phone for take offs and landing but once airborne the goggles rock . Flying about 9’ above the water on a small crooked creek with goggles is a blast .

Love these goggles.
1080 each eye.
Complete integration with the aircraft. Real time telemetry in HD.
Head tracking is amazing.
They are way ahead of anything else out there.
Nothing else compares.

Sounds great Robert, that is what I was looking for.
You won't be disappointed.

I kept mine for less than a day and sold them. they are heavy and not balanced well, and I don't know whose head the headband was designed to fit but it's a very different shape to mine. they are hot to wear and the focus is poor, they can't be worn over glasses effectively and I'm not spending additional money on corrective inserts to patch up a bad solution. I don't like that all of the control functionality moves to the headset which forces you to take a hand off the controller and use a clumsy trackpad to adjust settings.

why can't we just have a Moverio-style HUD display, but without needing the clunky mini-tablet to run DJI Go? all I want is a HUD that connects to the existing controller and iPad solution that does what I want, and provides FPV from the aircraft.

Reactions: cmparks89
The goggles are awesome. Get them, you will have a blast. had mine for more than a year, and they work flawless.
I agree. Mine work flawless and I love them. Have had zero issues between them, the app, and the MP. The other brands seem riddled with issues between the three, comparatively speaking.

I kept mine for less than a day and sold them. they are heavy and not balanced well, and I don't know whose head the headband was designed to fit but it's a very different shape to mine. they are hot to wear and the focus is poor, they can't be worn over glasses effectively and I'm not spending additional money on corrective inserts to patch up a bad solution. I don't like that all of the control functionality moves to the headset which forces you to take a hand off the controller and use a clumsy trackpad to adjust settings.

why can't we just have a Moverio-style HUD display, but without needing the clunky mini-tablet to run DJI Go? all I want is a HUD that connects to the existing controller and iPad solution that does what I want, and provides FPV from the aircraft.
I get your point about wanting a lightweight simple glasses type heads up approach but that wasn’t their concept here. It was a more isolating and immersive angle.

DJI was trying to give us control of the drone without having to switch constantly between Go4 and the goggles.

To accomplish that, they are a bit heavier than traditional goggles, but they contain three times the technology.

Once I get them fitted and set up, I brace myself and enjoy the ride, in full HD. Can’t get that with other goggles.

I wear glasses. My question is, will the display screen be blurry without my glasses on? Being older than dirt sucks.

I wear glasses. My question is, will the display screen be blurry without my glasses on? Being older than dirt sucks.
Hmm.. It depends.. Are u naturally nearsighted? Meaning, when you take your prescription glasses off do you naturally focus a foot imfront if you? Or do you need reading glasses to read? Without my contacts or glasses on I can see fine thru the goggles...however I look like such a douche with glasses that I never leave the house without contacts in...with the contacts in I have to use reading glasses to read and also to use the goggles...the reading glasses fit fine inside the goggles..

I think you buy some inserts that do the same thing but I don’t see the worth considering that’s another fifty dollars compared to a pair of two dollar glasses at Walmart

I have glasses for both near and far, but I can see well enough to drive without glasses. Thanks for the reply.

Yes, if you’re farsighted like me, you will probably need to get the diopter inserts or wear reading glasses.

I cannot use them I wear glasses but would not work I purchased the dji corrective lens but hurts forehead I tried once returned them then tried them again when I saw dji sold the corrective lens Still not for me for those who don’t wear glasses it it’s probably allot of fun

Why not try wearing TWO pair of glasses at the same time? I know that sounds crazy but I've seen people do it all the time..
Fashion something. . Tear the arms off a cheap pair of readers and slip them inside your glasses

Reactions: Robert Mitchell
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78