DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

On Vacation and Forgot my Adaptor AC cable ??Help!!!

FreshFlyTV

Reactions
So I bought a Lowe-pro tactic 450 camera bag and I spent all night getting it set up with all my accessories on my camera was in chargers and batteries and what are you know I bring everything except that dang AC cable someone please tell me where I can get one as soon as possible I have the car charger but it won't be efficient to charge all my batteries for the day..... I brought 50 W battery charger I literally just need the adapter they are six dollars on DJI.com but I don't have time to wait for China's shipping ha ha currently I'm in California Newport Beach I might just Amazon prime one to the hotel what you guys think anyone know some that would work just as good and won't mess up my batteriesIMG_0866.JPGo

You can find this plug on dvd players, Samsung flat screens, laptop bricks, etc. Just make sure the shapes are the same.

Reactions: Rbruz
Check the back of the TV in the room or _anything_ powered from mains power - it is a standard cable, then ask one of the hotel maintenance guys if they have a cable that'd fit, you can probably find it in a local dollar store, Walmart, radio shack, etc.

Edit: do you use an Apple MacBook? The charger for that comes in two parts, the plug part can pull out of the main charger body and the tip on that should be the correct shape. Same with the iPad chargers (the older iPhone chargers do the same, but not the small 5W 'cubes' they have for USA iPhones)

Last edited:
Reactions: Rbruz and geigy
If you're in Newport Beach look up Frys in Manhattan Beach or near there. They will have the cable you need.

So I bought a Lowe-pro tactic 450 camera bag and I spent all night getting it set up with all my accessories on my camera was in chargers and batteries and what are you know I bring everything except that dang AC cable someone please tell me where I can get one as soon as possible I have the car charger but it won't be efficient to charge all my batteries for the day..... I brought 50 W battery charger I literally just need the adapter they are six dollars on DJI.com but I don't have time to wait for China's shipping ha ha currently I'm in California Newport Beach I might just Amazon prime one to the hotel what you guys think anyone know some that would work just as good and won't mess up my batteries

All you need is a figure 8 IEC-C7 power cable

Standard cable - very easy to find. Go to a Radio Shack, Walgreens, or even Safeway. Heck, you might be able to drop into a thrift shop and get a used one there. Use this as an opportunity to get one that is smaller than your original one.

Thanks guys I ordered that one off amazon hopefully it works fine I'm still waiting on DJI to ship me my drone after It drifted into a wall from magnetic interference so I got a refresh i'll save you guys the horror stories of dealing with customer service and trying to get my drone sent to me while on vacation so it's not sitting in my front door back home FML

Interesting. Good luck. DJI will not change the shipping address once the item has been shipped. They are very strict about that. I know through experience.

Very common cord. Worth purchasing a cheap electronic device that uses the same cord if you need it now.

You may get lucky and find the cord from your laptop fits, or the cord on the hotel room tv.

It's also worth noting that you cannot hook it up backwards. It will function exactly the same regardless of polarity.

Also, if you had a very similiar cord with an excess amount of rubber, you could whittle it down with your knife until it fits.

There is literally no magic here. The two pins inside the brick need to make contact with the two sides of an outlet.

You could easily cut the cord off of any other device, skin the wires, and carefully position them into their respective pins inside the brick held in place with electrical tape. Although my guess is that if you needed a forum to tell you this, maybe you should not attempt as this is inherently more dangerous, especially if there are kids around.

You could easily cut the cord off of any other device, skin the wires, and carefully position them into their respective pins inside the brick held in place with electrical tape. Although my guess is that if you needed a forum to tell you this, maybe you should not attempt as this is inherently more dangerous, especially if there are kids around.

That's not really advise you should be giving anybody regardless of their ability.

Reactions: stratos and Kilrah
Okay well dji couldn't tell me when my drone was being shipped so in fear of it being shipped late and after I checked out of my hotel I change the shipping address to my next destination in Colorado then later that day I get the shipping label ( dji customer service is like talking to a 5 year old you know how many times I called them) all in all I missed out on some epic footage here in Cali. buttttt still need to order this cord ...... which cord will likely charge all my batteries fast more efficient a cheap cord or spend 15 in the bigger wired console one here tekbotic AltPower Xbox One S / PS4 Power cord (5ft) - 7A 125V UL Figure 8 Plug - USA AC Two Prong cable (Black) Amazon.com: tekbotic AltPower Xbox One S / PS4 Power cord (5ft) - 7A 125V UL Figure 8 Plug - USA AC Two Prong cable (Black): Video Games

Reactions: its2loud
Okay well dji couldn't tell me when my drone was being shipped so in fear of it being shipped late and after I checked out of my hotel I change the shipping address to my next destination in Colorado then later that day I get the shipping label ( dji customer service is like talking to a 5 year old you know how many times I called them) all in all I missed out on some epic footage here in Cali. buttttt still need to order this cord ...... which cord will likely charge all my batteries fast more efficient a cheap cord or spend 15 in the bigger wired console one here tekbotic AltPower Xbox One S / PS4 Power cord (5ft) - 7A 125V UL Figure 8 Plug - USA AC Two Prong cable (Black) Amazon.com: tekbotic AltPower Xbox One S / PS4 Power cord (5ft) - 7A 125V UL Figure 8 Plug - USA AC Two Prong cable (Black): Video Games

It's a freaking bit of wire and a plug. Spending $15 isn't going to make anything charge quicker than a $3 cable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22