Join Us Now

Onboard missions are back with Mavic 3?

zeusfl

Mavic Pilot Guru
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtube.com
With the new firmware there is an option to finish the mission on signal disconnect. This means the M3 can carry the mission onboard.
This is pure theory and need to be tested.

Anybody already test this? I will try to test tomorrow.

Here the test.

Last edited:
One of the the user selectable options upon signal disconnect is to "Continue."
Can't imagine any other way to interpret that, other than LSMC.

I just tested and It works as suspected onboard.
This demonstrated the DJI Waypoints 3.0 are not virtual sticks. This is great since there are not be hiccups at the moment of the mission by interference or signal lost.

Waypoints are stored on \DJI RC Pro\Internal shared storage\Android\data\dji.go.v5\files\waypoint

I am trying to see if I can open the files with google earth or the hub. Anybody has any progress?

I just tested and It works as suspected onboard.
This demonstrated the DJI Waypoints 3.0 are not virtual sticks. This is great since there are not be hiccups at the moment of the mission by interference or signal lost.
I realized that it was not virtual sticks as soon as I saw that the setting for if the drone loses connection had a "continue mission" option.

With the new firmware there is an option to finish the mission on signal disconnect. This means the M3 can carry the mission onboard.
This is pure theory and need to be tested.

Anybody already test this? I will try to test tomorrow.

Here the test.
Thank you for testing this and showing the video.
I do not have the courage to turn off the RC while flying to find out if it works.😂

• Haha
Reactions: zeusfl
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom