DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

One Plus 3 *ZERO SUCCESS *Android App

Ptwardi

Reactions
Hello,
Just received my MA and it's all great until I found out my phone will not connect to it. I have tried everything in the book from USB debugging, reinstalling the app, RC on and off, latest firmware on everything.

When I connect my phone to the remote via the USB C cable, it just starts charging for a second then stops, starts charging stops. This happens throughout the whole time it is connected. I tried with various cables from the bottom of the RC and same problem.

I have older Android phones like the LG G3 and they even connect without a problem. The best experience was using a friend's IPhone 6.

Seems like DJI is really focusing on the IOS platform instead of Android.

Anyone else try flying with a One Plus 3?

1. First connect the phone to the side USB and not to the bottom USB Type A.
  2. Wait the remote and the MA will sync (red dot on the remote become a green), and than run DJI app.
  3. The MA & RC comes already paired from DJI, but you can always repair them with the rear bottom.
Moshik

Reactions: Ptwardi
Its not Android or the app, its straight out your phone.
Not all phones are compatible and this is specifically mentioned in the manual and on DJIs website as to what phones and tablets are compatible with Go4.
There are many other devices not mentioned that are also more than compatible but is trial and error.
You cant expect or get upset if you try and put Mazda tyres on a BMW and expect them to fit.
Use a compatible Android device for optimum results.

Reactions: Kilrah
Its not Android or the app, its straight out your phone.
Not all phones are compatible and this is specifically mentioned in the manual and on DJIs website as to what phones and tablets are compatible with Go4.
There are many other devices not mentioned that are also more than compatible but is trial and error.
You cant expect or get upset if you try and put Mazda tyres on a BMW and expect them to fit.
Use a compatible Android device for optimum results.

You could be correct, although from a list I saw of recommended devices my phone is on the list. It should at least be able to link to the remote. I understand it the flight will probably be laggy and not usable on android but this is not even connecting.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    10.6 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: Ptwardi
Hello I occupy a One Plus 3 without any problem, I work well from the first day, I did not have to activate the debugging.
My phone is not Root, could that be the problem with your root phone?

Hello I occupy a One Plus 3 without any problem, I work well from the first day, I did not have to activate the debugging.
My phone is not Root, could that be the problem with your root phone?

You are lucky, my phone is 100% stock it was never rooted. Are you running the latest firmware on everything ?

I'm running on the OxygenOS 5.0.1 phone and on the Mavic Air the latest update there is.

I have the DJI Go 4 app working fine with both a OnePlus 2 and a OnePlus 5.

It worked no issues with the OnePlus 2 however the OnePlus 5 needed USB debugging enabling and then I had to change the USB Configuration to "MIDI" before it would connect to the remote control.

Stock OnePlus 3 here with the latest updates - no root. It works just fine and has since the first time I tried to connect. No mods, no special procedures - it just works.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rsantangelo