DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

One word

Are you using H.265? I just did about a 3 minute video last night before it rained and was in H.265 and it was kind of jerky. It's nice out today so going to go back to H.264 and see how that works.
Hi Joe
I think the jerky video was on 265, I changed it to 264 and it’s spot on. But I also changed the mp4 to MOV as well.
4k 30fs, 2.7k and 1080 all work fine. Will need to try 60fs at another time. But more than happy I can play it back on the iMac i5. Be it 1080 or ? It’s not jerky and that’s what was doing my head in. CheersThumbswayup

Reactions: Thomas B
Hi Joe
I think the jerky video was on 265, I changed it to 264 and it’s spot on. But I also changed the mp4 to MOV as well.
4k 30fs, 2.7k and 1080 all work fine. Will need to try 60fs at another time. But more than happy I can play it back on the iMac i5. Be it 1080 or ? It’s not jerky and that’s what was doing my head in. CheersThumbswayup
Thanks. I have a few conference calls today. After those are done I'm going over to get some video of the progress on my new house. I'm going to try H.264 and see how that turns out. I normally use MP4 on my MPP and have no issues. I'm guessing that either the SD or my computer does not like the H.265. Probably time to upgrade both but afraid to ask wife.

Reactions: ven
Hi Joe
You may already know this but I'm thinking switching to mov made a big difference since you're playing back on a mac.
In my experience, windows likes mp4 and mac likes mov...ie I have a bunch of pro shot stock footage delivered in mov that is rather jerky in my NLE (Vegas Pro) but renders out fine.

Reactions: Thomas B and ven
Thanks. I have a few conference calls today. After those are done I'm going over to get some video of the progress on my new house. I'm going to try H.264 and see how that turns out. I normally use MP4 on my MPP and have no issues. I'm guessing that either the SD or my computer does not like the H.265. Probably time to upgrade both but afraid to ask wife.

Where i went wrong was changing several things. So at first 4k 265 and u3 extreme card on mp4. Jerky footage, although weirdly at first it was ok. I can not explain why it started to go jerky. Today, swapped SD card for another u3 but the pro xtreme with higher bit rate.
Original
mLpEzBDl.jpg

New
F5S3tHVl.jpg

Now it was 4k 60 fps, i changed to 4k 30fps , changed the 265 to 264 and mp4 to MOV(using IOS)and took flight . Plugged air 2 in to the imac 2015 i5, perfect(well other than it will not be actual 4k on the monitor). I tried 2.7k and 1080 just for an excuse to fly more and know all is ok no matter what i record on. All good, all clear, no jerky and all smooth footage. I can easily reverse it and fault find. Just put back MOV to mp4 and try. Then if OK change codec 264 back to 265 and try, then original xtreme card as an example.

Good luck and safe flying, i have a feeling 264 will sort it out.

Reactions: Thomas B
You may already know this but I'm thinking switching to mov made a big difference since you're playing back on a mac.
In my experience, windows likes mp4 and mac likes mov...ie I have a bunch of pro shot stock footage delivered in mov that is rather jerky in my NLE (Vegas Pro) but renders out fine.
Hi Randy, well i only learned this recently. That could be the golden ticket! I am made up now though, happy flying! Cheers:)

Hi Randy, well i only learned this recently. That could be the golden ticket! I am made up now though, happy flying! Cheers:)
If you get time and can upload a short clip of the jerky footage, I'd be curious to see how it plays here in windows as I need to give thought as to how to format my footage ...I got my MA2 last Wed but still haven't flown due to surgery recovery (prolly not a good idea to take a maiden flight on opioids ? )

If you get time and can upload a short clip of the jerky footage, I'd be curious to see how it plays here in windows as I need to give thought as to how to format my footage ...I got my MA2 last Wed but still haven't flown due to surgery recovery (prolly not a good idea to take a maiden flight on opioids ? )
i have deleted it and format the SD card. Basically imagine every 2 seconds it skips a second. Pretty much unwatchable. I downloaded VLC which actually would not even play it. Just pretty much froze and went grey on the screen.

Try on 1st flight per norm, but just record a short test video. That way your not dealing with too much video. Record 4k 60fs on 265 and mp4. Now i am pretty much 100% sure this was my original setting. Anyway when i took to a field, same settings with my lad. I recorded a couple of 4-5 min clips, zooming around and climbing 300ft. The resolution/quality was fine, no issue there, but the frame rate or drop was a disaster.

So try a 2 min video. Change settings to 264 codec and repeat. See if /how they play back. Depending on your computer, you might be fine anyway. It really never occurred to me , 4k and have a 4k tv, well no problem i was thinking. Never considered the i5 quad core imac 8 ram and SSD on latest catalina 10.15.4.

All i can say, if not already get a good u3 sd card like the extreme pro or equiv.

I wish you a speedy recovery Randy, its sure something to help recover quicker for, getting out and being a bird in the sky. To be honest , as long as you feel fine, you have an open area........why not. Hopefully you will be out soon, i have no idea of previous drones or experience, all i can say is i was and still am blown away. Cheers

To be honest , as long as you feel fine, you have an open area........why not.
That's just it, I don't feel fine on opioids and it's difficult just shuffling around the house...that said I'm getting better and will prolly appreciate everything even more when I do get out and take her for a spin. ?

That's just it, I don't feel fine on opioids and it's difficult just shuffling around the house...that said I'm getting better and will prolly appreciate everything even more when I do get out and take her for a spin. ?
I am sorry to hear, super speedy recovery and well wishes from over the pond

Been looking at tutorials till my eyes bled.
Got it in the air and forgot everything
Took a couple of vids which haven't transferred to ipad but still on my phone.
Still photos on the ipad but not on the phone.
More reading up to do.

Got it in the air and forgot everything. Sounds just like me. ?

It's all good, I've been wanting to deal with it for years and my doctor gave me ample notice that the recovery would be hell for a couple of weeks!
Thanks for your pity tho ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sevimli