DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ongoing Off Grid Flying Problem.

MoToad

Reactions
I, again, have been struck with an off grid flying problem. I frequently travel to upper Kootenay Lake here in Beautiful British Columbia where I camp and fish and fly. (And fly fish!) But more often than not upon start up I am told that i need to log in and am restricted to 60m height and distance. This entirely throws the whole drone experience out the window as I either have to drive30 kms down the coast to the nearest town and find internet access or wait till I get home. Following the last latest update I thought it was fixed but, alas, not so. I am able to connect to over a dozen satellites so I know that is not the problem. Along with this I still get the occasional crash to start screen which I have resigned myself to just hitting Go Fly to resolve. But the big issue remains the login in problem and being restricted in the middle of nowhere (or everywhere in my case) to not being able to enjoy the Mav3s height and distance features. What is going on here?

It may be that there was an upate , and when this happens you do sometimes get kicked out of the account.
This is why many have a back up drone , as if this update happens you may be able to Rely on a back up drone .

Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the water
Phantomrain.org

Last edited:
I guess I can make a point of making sure I am up to date and in the account before I leave but I really hope I nail down the issue before I am again 3 hours from home and off the grid. Oh and firing it up this morning I did notice something I never see or pay attention to. The time on the RC controller was set to Chinese time. I went into the settings and turned off two of the three settings and set the correct (Mountain) time manually. Whether this has anything to do with it or not I really couldn't say.

I guess I can make a point of making sure I am up to date and in the account before I leave but I really hope I nail down the issue before I am again 3 hours from home and off the grid. Oh and firing it up this morning I did notice something I never see or pay attention to. The time on the RC controller was set to Chinese time. I went into the settings and turned off two of the three settings and set the correct (Mountain) time manually. Whether this has anything to do with it or not I really couldn't say.
That may be because of the update as well changing everything back , good catch.
I have had this happen to me so many times, this is why I got the back up as it was my best option .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Little bit peeved but problem solved, I guess. Talking to support and am told you are automatically logged out after a month. And you have to be logged in to make things work. I don't know who all is aware of that but I wasn't. And no one on here is telling me that. So, to be safe, before going next time I must remember to log out of DJI Fly and log back on. Bit of a pain but there you have it.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I was not aware of that , so your saying if you dont fly for a month you get kicked out of the account ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

That's what they just told me. And I have a lot of down time living too close to a small airport, the weather, the winter in the mountains and the like.

Two things I'll share. One is, I use my iPhone's hotspot when I'm in the field. Second, I take my Autel EVO Lite Plus with me as either the go-to drone or backup. No issues like this with it.

No cell service there. Will check out the other thing. Thx Edit: Oh, it's a drone. Naw. I'm a one dog, one kid, one drone kinda guy. Unless of course the lottery comes in. Then it's a drone for every day of the week.

Last edited:
I have had the same issue myself - I wasn't sure what the interval was, but I learned to make sure everything was working at home where I had cell coverage before I headed out.

Thanks for letting us know what the inactive interval is.

Reactions: michaeldallen1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BluMav