DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

oops got in trouble today

My wife thought I was an idiot spending that much money until last Saturday when I invited her to a nice lunch at a lake resort near our place. I snuck the Mavvy along and after lunch went for a flight over the frozen lake that had ice sleds and ice fishing going on. She was blown away by the drone and the video coming back and downloaded later. Nuff said. I got the NOD ;-)
good job!

My Mavic arrived at my house on Friday 13th but I am away from home for 2 weeks so I have not even seen my Fly More Kit yet.

Today in a moment of weakness I asked my wife to photograph the Box so I can see if the box looks alright. Well she goes one step further and opens the Box and takes the Mavic Box out and opens that up!

She sends me pictures of the inside of the Mavics Box and then calls me and says "This doesn't feel like a cheap toy drone, this feels like and expensive $1000 drone" Yeah I know, why did I ask her to photograph the Box! She of course went on the internet and now my cheap toy drone cover story is totally busssted... *** you Amazon for having a price list for everything on Planet earth.
My Mavic cost $9,999.00. When wifey found out cost of toy, she invested in new diamond ring. Serves her right. [emoji16]
Marty

Sent from my SM-T350 using MavicPilots mobile app

Hahaha... too funny. Hope she's okay with it by now.

I told my wife it was under one thousand. Just as with everything else I buy it tell her it was under so and so.

My Mavic arrived at my house on Friday 13th but I am away from home for 2 weeks so I have not even seen my Fly More Kit yet.

Today in a moment of weakness I asked my wife to photograph the Box so I can see if the box looks alright. Well she goes one step further and opens the Box and takes the Mavic Box out and opens that up!

She sends me pictures of the inside of the Mavics Box and then calls me and says "This doesn't feel like a cheap toy drone, this feels like and expensive $1000 drone" Yeah I know, why did I ask her to photograph the Box! She of course went on the internet and now my cheap toy drone cover story is totally busssted... *** you Amazon for having a price list for everything on Planet earth.

There was a guy that owned a Jag E-Type. After he got married, his new wife suggested he sell the Jag and get something more practical. He replied: "You sound just like my ex-wife."
She said: "I didn't know you'd been married before."
He said: "I haven't."

Reactions: Reed L
My wife and mother purchased my Mavic for a Christmas present

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Wow...What are doing right?!!

I originally bought a P3 on eBay with 20% off. Week later the Mavic came out so obviously the P3 went back on Ebay for same price.

Told her I made $800 profit off the transaction and all was well though pretty sure she has a fair idea. After a few beach vids and photos on a few trips around Sydney she probably doesn't mind as much.

When the wife questioned my spending, I told her she was starting to sound like my ex wife. She said "I didn't know you were married before." I said "I wasn't." After a minute she figured it out and laughed.
There was a guy that owned a Jag E-Type. After he got married, his new wife suggested he sell the Jag and get something more practical. He replied: "You sound just like my ex-wife."
She said: "I didn't know you'd been married before."
He said: "I haven't."
BlankStareRabbid.gif

Reactions: Atomicbear
I can relate to so many of you guys, my ex-wife was always acting like I wasn't making enough money to support the family, she even told the Pastor of the local church in My town where my family's been for 6 generations that I wasn't supporting the family and that I was divorcing her... Then she left and that alone cut my expenditures by 90%, I kept the kids and took her for child support and that took away another 50% to those expenditures. Then after telling the Pastor (who I've known for 30 years) the truth about how much money I make, he walked me through the court system, while helping me get rid of her. So a few years later, I went out and bought a new younger version with way less miles and he insisted on being the one to Marry us. Then peace came over our little town once again. The new wife encourages me to invest in my hobbies, she bugged me for 6 months to buy my P3A and now she keeps asking when the Mavic's going to get here; and that's one of the many reasons that I continue investing in her.
If your wife doesn't invest in keeping you happy, then trade her in for the new and improved version. Having a great wife is really rewarding and worth every penny. She is my #1 hobby :)

Last edited:
I just ordered mine this morning. I haven't told wifey yet, so I'm here working on my alibi. Keep the comments coming.

My wife and mother purchased my Mavic for a Christmas present

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

You're married to your mother?! LOL
(Side note: my wife and my mother have the same first name... That's why I had a chuckle when I read your post... You said my wife and mother, instead of my wife and my mother.) [emoji3]

My drone money came from my vacation pay that I had banked for the year. I asked my wife if she wanted to go on a trip to a warm place or if she would mind if I cashed it in and bought a drone. I got my Mavic 3 weeks ago and immediately afterward, I booked a trip to Hawaii (Kauai) for the end of April! Problem solved! Just do both! Of course I'll be sharing my MP videos of Hawaii with you guys when I get back. I REALLY love my wife!

Sent from my Mavic Pro using OcuSync

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21