DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

oops got in trouble today

Funny, you think it's about the money. It's the justification of a $1300 drone.

No, it's not remotely funny that a grown person has to justify what they want to buy to make them happy. If you can afford it without hesitation, why justify it? So yes, it is about the money, or at least it appears so. But if you are happy, then good on you.

Wife acceptance...
So my first drone was a DJI Phantom 1 (Cheap GoPro-like camera). Wife though it was a waste of money and expensive "hobby".
Wanted to show her how cool it could be.
So I took some footage (not very good - no gimbal) near the Dam in our area. Put Tom Petty's "Free Fallin'" on it and tried to post to youtube.
Nope. Wouldn't let me with the song.
I write songs and sing some, so I wrote a love song (that would be good for a drone flight).
I played some of it for her one day and she liked it.
Brought the edited video up on the TV and there it was with the song.
She just looked over and said, "I see what you did there." She's been pretty supportive through 3 drones now.
Here it is.

I got mine last week as an early V-day present from the girlfriend, she might be a keeper!

my missus ordered mine for me..........she knows the craic......to be fair to her she tells me to indulge whatever I want.....you want a new motorbike darling? go ahead. Oh you're changing the car for the 3rd time this year? no problem. I m probably the luckiest guy.

One day she ll force me to grow up, I ll probably have to thin her out then. ; )

Reactions: JoKhool
Nope. Get StateFarm. You have to pay for DJI to replace the Mavic and only get 2 refreshes. Typically , DJI will not cover a fly away unless you submit logs and jump trough lots of hoops. If its stolen you get nothing from DJI .

Statefarm will cover all of these scenarios and more for 60 a year or 5 dollars per month and NO you dont have to have an existing policy with them. Just call a local agent and ask for a "personal articles policy" for your drone.

They will probably say they have to research it and then get back to you and tell you that YES they will insure it.

I was the first person in Northern Nevada to insure my drones with Statefarm this way and have been insured for over 6 months thus far.
This. Just did this yesterday and that's EXACTLY how it played out.

Hahaha love this post. I didn't tell my wife I ordered mine and it arrives this week. I never ask how much her clothes she constantly buys are so hoping she just raises an eyebrow and leaves it alone haha.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I told my girlfriend I was going to buy one the night before I did. She was away in Tampa for the weekend so I figured I would just do it whether she likes it or not. I'm an honest guy though, so I tell her a lot of stuff I probably shouldn't. Needless to say that was a LONG phone call.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

He had posted that once he snuck it along a nice lunch outing and showed her what it can do, she settled down about the whole thing.

My Mavic arrived at my house on Friday 13th but I am away from home for 2 weeks so I have not even seen my Fly More Kit yet.

Today in a moment of weakness I asked my wife to photograph the Box so I can see if the box looks alright. Well she goes one step further and opens the Box and takes the Mavic Box out and opens that up!

She sends me pictures of the inside of the Mavics Box and then calls me and says "This doesn't feel like a cheap toy drone, this feels like and expensive $1000 drone" Yeah I know, why did I ask her to photograph the Box! She of course went on the internet and now my cheap toy drone cover story is totally busssted... *** you Amazon for having a price list for everything on Planet earth.

my wife are the same...
giphy.gif

This sounds like a relationship problem more than you being in trouble. If you go to work and make money. You can buy a Mavic Pro. If she has a problem with it this sounds like you not having a handle on your woman.

Reactions: esquire
My wife and I have been married 43 years. We have no secrets from each other and discuss any major purchase. So far she hasn't nixed anything camera or drone related.

reading this has been hilarious.

I got the mavic and the wife couldn't say a word. I just bought her the new car she wanted.

reading this has been hilarious.

I got the mavic and the wife couldn't say a word. I just bought her the new car she wanted.

Well yes that always works. I just bought a whole bunch on new appliances for the kitchen and did a crap load of labor remodeling to make it the way she wants it. So yes when I bought my DJI goggles the only comment she made was that they are big! My free pass for man toy spending still has some life in it, but I am really not interested in the Spark.

Rob

Well yes that always works. I just bought a whole bunch on new appliances for the kitchen and did a crap load of labor remodeling to make it the way she wants it. So yes when I bought my DJI goggles the only comment she made was that they are big! My free pass for man toy spending still has some life in it, but I am really not interested in the Spark.

Rob
I think the spirit of your post went off a bit. But, it is funny that when you opened the goggles with total excitement, her reply was "they're big".
That gives me a good chuckle. [emoji23]

I ordered mine first then told my wife it was coming. When she asked "how much" I showed her an ad for the fly less in US dollars. We live in Canada and I bought the fly more kit and we have to pay $1789 plus 13% sales tax that's about $1999.00 taxes in!! Then I quietly replaced my Ipad mini first gen that would not run dji go app with an Ipad 2. Thank God they look the same because that was another $500 for a cellular version. Now that I'm looking at Mavic accessories etc online, our computer is filled with ad's for "Mavic Pro just $1789" Buy Now!!![emoji19] Its just mater of time.

I ordered mine first then told my wife it was coming. When she asked "how much" I showed her an ad for the fly less in US dollars. We live in Canada and I bought the fly more kit and we have to pay $1789 plus 13% sales tax that's about $1999.00 taxes in!! Then I quietly replaced my Ipad mini first gen that would not run dji go app with an Ipad 2. Thank God they look the same because that was another $500 for a cellular version. Now that I'm looking at Mavic accessories etc online, our computer is filled with ad's for "Mavic Pro just $1789" Buy Now!!![emoji19] Its just mater of time.
Just forwarded this to her. [emoji33]

Reactions: Robbyg
Bad as being a snitch there slayer .
JK,u know ;)

Reactions: norida
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member