DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Oops... I have 2 drones now

JoeMcKeen

Reactions
So it’s been a few weeks with my first DJI drone, the Air 2. I love it. I’m having so much fun. So when I began the process of deciding what to purchase I had narrowed my choice to the Air 2 or the M2Z. I settled on the Air 2 and flymore combo as I figured it was more bang for the buck and fit my budget better. Prior to my purchase I looked at several refurb and pre owned M2Z on various web sites. I had a brand new M2Z never taken out of the box, never flown, never registered I was watching on eBay for 1100. Seller offered 1000. Now keep in mind I had just purchased a brand new Air 2 kit so I was not really serious about the Zoom. I countered with an offer of 800 not being really serious because I just spent a ton of money. I figured he would laugh at me. He didn’t and accepted my offer. My brand new, mint M2Z showed up 2 days ago. I’m ecstatic.

So it’s been a few weeks with my first DJI drone, the Air 2. I love it. I’m having so much fun. So when I began the process of deciding what to purchase I had narrowed my choice to the Air 2 or the M2Z. I settled on the Air 2 and flymore combo as I figured it was more bang for the buck and fit my budget better. Prior to my purchase I looked at several refurb and pre owned M2Z on various web sites. I had a brand new M2Z never taken out of the box, never flown, never registered I was watching on eBay for 1100. Seller offered 1000. Now keep in mind I had just purchased a brand new Air 2 kit so I was not really serious about the Zoom. I countered with an offer of 800 not being really serious because I just spent a ton of money. I figured he would laugh at me. He didn’t and accepted my offer. My brand new, mint M2Z showed up 2 days ago. I’m ecstatic.
Looks like you will be busy flying two very amazing aircraft! Good for you! Enjoy! ;) Thumbswayup

Congrats! Took me a few years to reach that point; now I’m looking for a support group. I’ve got an Air and 2 M2Ps (though I’d be glad to unload one of those if I could get a decent price, or trade for an A2S). Counting my Tello, that makes 4.

Good for you! My wife would’ve killed me if I did the same thing but what could you do, right?
I have two also but one is the mini which is real handy when flying in the city where my air 2 isn’t allowed.
Cheers from Calgary ??,
Rex

Absolutely great story! How many drones are too many? Only the wise ole owl knows. 2 great birds in your hanger. Grats. ?? Speak about overwhelming? Godspeed. Have fun. Droniac

Reactions: JoeMcKeen
Thanks for sharing!

Thanks. I have to temper my enthusiasm just a little though. Happy wife happy life. Weather is nice. M2Z will get maiden flight. I have never used the Go4 app. Only Fly. Both birds bound to the smart controller.
Go4 is a great program, Litchi also works great with the M2Z if your ever interested in waypoint missions. You can design your mission on the desktop computer, then load the mission with the SC and the bird takes off and flies the mission on its own. But, baby steps is probably best.

M2Z not a virgin anymore. Was not able to spend much time in the air. I had to calibrate the IMU. It took a little to complete the process as the app does little to guide you. Bird probably sat for awhile in the box. Got it up. Played around with go4 for a bit. Go4 is a considerably more robust app than Fly. Flew around the parking lot and tried a few quick shots. I’m excited for the capability of waypoint missions which I don’t have with my air2...yet?

Reactions: MA2 317
I started out with the original Mavic Pro in 2016. Thought I lost the drone in the Outer Banks in 2017. So when I got home order another one at a discounted price from DJI. A month later a very nice vacationer found my lost drone and returned it to me. Now I have 2 Mavic Pros. I then started doing more and more commercial real estate So I purchased an M2P for the better camera. Wanted to get into Orthomosaic mapping and construction mapping and stockpile work. Found a great deal on a P4P V2.0 and the work is finally become a steady revenue stream. Now I can't stop...LOL

2 Mavic Pros
1 Mavic 2 Pro (Cinematography)
1 Mavic 2 Pro Enterprise
2 Phantom 4 Pro V2s (One is for backup continuity)
1 Skydio II
1 Tello

Looks like you will be busy flying two very amazing aircraft! Good for you! Enjoy! ;) Thumbswayup
i bought two Mavic Pro second hand and already repaired one when trying difficult skills fillowing a narrow river with border hill climbs. So, yes it is nice to have a backup always. i work with computers as an accountant, so everywhere all my clients have a duplicate PC in spare with extra SSD with backups. Time is money... Try to reinstall windows with software and calculate the loss of time... DJI is great stuff! +je

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom