DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Opinion please smart con vs Crystalsky ultra

justinca2013

Reactions
So I recently acquired some equipment from a guy that was moving away from DJI equipment to the Evo 2. He had the googles, osmo, action just about everything DJI sells. So I decided to buy it. Now I’m faced with what to keep. So what is your guys opinion? I’m trying to decide whether to keep the smart controller or the 7.85” crystalsky Ultra brightness model. I have a mavic 2 zoom, mini 2 and a enterprise dual. Thanks and happy flying!

So I recently acquired some equipment from a guy that was moving away from DJI equipment to the Evo 2. He had the googles, osmo, action just about everything DJI sells. So I decided to buy it. Now I’m faced with what to keep. So what is your guys opinion? I’m trying to decide whether to keep the smart controller or the 7.85” crystalsky Ultra brightness model. I have a mavic 2 zoom, mini 2 and a enterprise dual. Thanks and happy flying!
If you have all those than you want the convenience of the Smart Controller to use as many of those drones as possible with the Mini 2 being a possible candidate . The Smart Controller is going up in value.

You also have the option to add the Alien Dual Booster which is proving to be a nice add on.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavics in the Pouring Rain .

True, you can add the Alien Gear booster to the Smart Controller, which no doubt will dramatically increase send/receive signal strength . . . though I've personally not yet found the need. At any legal distance, and I'm sure well beyond from what I've seen on-line of "range testing", communications between Mavic 2 Pro and Smart Controller have been rock solid without a hint of weak signal issues.

True, you can add the Alien Gear booster to the Smart Controller, which no doubt will dramatically increase send/receive signal strength . . . though I've personally not yet found the need. At any legal distance, and I'm sure well beyond from what I've seen on-line of "range testing", communications between Mavic 2 Pro and Smart Controller have been rock solid without a hint of weak signal issues.

We got that Alien Booster and the Smart Controller as a gift from a Client and the Benefits far surpass long distance flights
since that is not something we do.

75 % of all our flights are now flown from inside the car and so immediately we started to see the Benefits .
We also noticed a stronger Signal that was catching Manned Air Craft quicker in the sky .
I think the longer we use it the more Benefits will appear such as Remote landings and flying lower in general and dropping down between buildings and Rocks , trees.

I never thought we needed it until we got it.
With that said you are 100% right about the Smart Controller being rock solid without it. , but its hard to give up once you have it.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain / Snow

Reactions: hiflyer201
Keep the Crystlsky for the Zoom and the Enterprise Dual and keep the smart controller for your Mini2. ;)

Reactions: Thomas B and lannes
Like you I have the M2Z and a Mini 2. Also I have the CS Ultra because I live in a very sunny country and normal phones and tablets don’t cut it in the bright sunlight. The downside of the CS is the fact that it is 32 bit so it won’t work with the Mini 2 only the M2Z. If you are not too worried about having a larger screen then the Smart Controller is the way to go as it will work with both of your drones. I had to buy a Tripltek tablet to use with the Mini 2 as like the CS Ultra it has a bright (1200 NIT) screen.

Keep the Crystlsky for the Zoom and the Enterprise Dual and keep the smart controller for your Mini2. ;)
Sounds like a plan except the Zoom and Enterprise can both use the SC, the Mini 2 isn't forecasted or planned for it from all recent reports, subject to change of course. DJI has conflicting reports on any future plans to implement. DJI CS Ultra also has a long list of bad reports of problems and "Burning" out the display. It also has a 32 bit Android system that can't support the Fly App at least at present. ;)

Sorry to Poster above I missed your post :)

Last edited:
Sounds like a plan except the Zoom and Enterprise can both use the SC, the Mini 2 isn't forecasted or planned for it from all recent reports, subject to change of course. DJI has conflicting reports on any future plans to implement. DJI CS Ultra also has a long list of bad reports of problems and "Burning" out the display. It also has a 32 bit Android system that can't support the Fly App at least at present. ;)

Sorry to Poster above I missed your post :)
And all of that is why I use my CS for my Mavic2 Zoom and the Tripltek tablet for everything else. ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Famousjonny