DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
It was easy before, but with newer firmware DJI has made it more difficult.
I’ve never had any trouble.
Can’t explain it any better than the video does.
It takes me about 6-7 minutes.
But in truth I primarily use the Pro camera sis de the quality is so much better so I seldom use the zoom anymore. In fact it’s available for sale.
For zoom I just get out the MP3.
And while I do have the MP3, I fly my MP2 far more often. mostly because DJI often does not unlock geo zones in certain areas even when I have Laanc approval. But the u lock key for the MP2 from DroneHacks resolves that issue. And there is no key available yet for purchase for the MP3.

swapping a dji zoom gimble - Google Search

I have the 2Pro.......it's all about the sensor.
I have a 14MP Pentax DSLR, and have blown up pictures to 2x3 feet, with excellent results. I've done the same with 2Pro pictures. You can't do that with a 48 MP phone picture......the sensor is the discriminator.

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum so be nice if I miss anything. ;)

Anyways, I have had a DJI Mavic Air 2S for a while now and want to venture into professional drone photography as this seems to be the most lucrative, at least where I live.

My funds are extremely low and I can afford a DJI Mini 4 Pro but I have been looking at the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and although it is much older, and has more restrictions in-place, it seems to be a better drone for photography and I can get it for much less, used than than a Mini 4 Pro.

Is a DJI Mavic 2 Pro a dodo? or is it worth buying it as it has a better lense, variable aperture and much stronger in winds?

Ignoring the restrictions and age. What do you think?

Any opinions would be helpful
My first drone was the MAVIC 2 PRO bought in 2018, eventually I sold it for the Air 2SW solely on the premise that my M2P was long in the tooth. I now own the Mavic 3 Classic, which is great. However, when I look back at my drone photos, I see that the Mavic 2 Pro photos are so much better! I regret getting rid of it.

Reactions: barrybcar
just becuase the new models have a few more things dosent mean the 2 is not still tup of the line drone, i would think it is hard to get a much better camera on a drone

Reactions: barrybcar
Welcome to the forum from Northwest New Jersey. I have the Mavic 2 Pro (M2P) and Mini 3 Pro and was a professional photographer until Covid. Now, I am an avid enthusiast of both drones and still photography. Both drones have their place for specific uses. The M2P is my go-to for still photography. The 20 MP Ssensor and ability to control ISO, aperture, and F-Stop are critical for me. The M3P takes nice pictures and can be used internationally. (< 249g). I plan on keeping the M2P for the foreseeable future, using my discretionary money for lenses on my DSLR. In short, all drones will give you nice pictures. Some, like the M2P, allow the photographer to control settings.

Mavic 2 Pro is awesome and, as noted by others, reliable. Purchased mine in 2018 along with two additional batteries, all of which are still performing well. I have the original DJI RM 500 Controller and it, too, is working perfectly.

Yes, a nice feature, but I think the 2 Pro is a better drone if photo quality is important for you.
You could do like me - buy a Pro first, and find a Zoom later for a good price, they are cheaper than the Pro.
The Pro and Zoom share batteries and remote control, they are in fact the same drone except the camera..
Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum so be nice if I miss anything. ;)

Anyways, I have had a DJI Mavic Air 2S for a while now and want to venture into professional drone photography as this seems to be the most lucrative, at least where I live.

My funds are extremely low and I can afford a DJI Mini 4 Pro but I have been looking at the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and although it is much older, and has more restrictions in-place, it seems to be a better drone for photography and I can get it for much less, used than than a Mini 4 Pro.

Is a DJI Mavic 2 Pro a dodo? or is it worth buying it as it has a better lense, variable aperture and much stronger in winds?

Ignoring the restrictions and age. What do you think?

Any opinions would be helpful
I bought a M2Pro back in 2018 I think, and have loved it. Then I bought a backup (used) and have added 2 Zooms as well as a way to stock up on batteries! I have a Mini 3 Pro for when I want a smaller bag to carry, but the Mavic 2 Pro’s are my workhorses. I am intrigued by the Air3S, but I’m sure I still haven’t used all the features on my Mavic 2s yet, so I don’t want to get caught up in a feature race. If you get a Mavic 2 Pro for photography, you won’t regret it. (I had a photography side-business in the 70’s and Hasselblad was my aspiration camera, but I couldn’t afford one. That might have had something to do with my original purchase of the Mavic 2 Pro.)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PolKrestof