DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Order & Receive Thread

Good News.... Got a shipping notice from DJI through email with tracking number.
Bad News..... only a label has been created, and fedex has not picked up yet for over 24 hours.
With my luck, my label has been lost in their shipping department at DJI in Atlanta. Not the first label that's been lost for me. (not DJI, but other merchandise)

I was able to buy them on Amazon on May 19th, 2017 and then after I ordered them it said June 16th-26th! Now when you search Amazon, you can't even find the Goggles on there. I can't believe there is such a long wait time for these to be made! Does DJI always under estimate the demand? NOTE: There was no charge taken from my credit card yet.

Have you ordered the new DJI Goggles?
If so, please update your details...
  • When did you purchase
  • Where you purchased
  • When you receive them
I missed the first window but got an order confirmed yesterday from DJI (5/15/17). :)

Googles received at 10:05 am today. Bought first day on market from DJI. Now waiting for "Sparky" . . . To be cont'd.

Received mine this morning. Ordered on the 24th. Charging it right now.... was able to try it on and it has some weight where it will become uncomfortable. ok, back to my neck exercises

Would it be better to order now from Newegg vs DJI direct? I remember Newegg via DJI was sending out Mavics much quicker than DJI direct was.

I will pay the $40 in taxes + shipping to Texas if reasonable...let me know

Sorry mrdave I'm going to keep the one from BB since it will be here on Saturday. The one from NE wouldn't have shipped until the 10th of June so I canceled it.

FedEx delivered around 2:pm today. After 4 hours charging (came with 0% charge), I activated them via DJI Assistant 2. Make sure to download the latest version otherwise expect considerable heartache. The activation only took a few seconds on the latest version. Then I linked them to my Mavic and was up and running. Initial report - AWESOME! It does feel like you're in a theater.

Finally got the Goggles today... WooHoo....
Ordered from DJI Store on 4/24/17 17:45 UTC
Shipped 5/19 from Torrance, CA to Boston MA.
Took a week to get here on FedEx Ground.

Finally got the Goggles today... WooHoo....
Ordered from DJI Store on 4/24/17 17:45 UTC
Shipped 5/19 from Torrance, CA to Boston MA.
Took a week to get here on FedEx Ground.

Drives me crazy.....I ordered on 4/24, live next door to Torrance, and mine are coming from Atlanta and taking a whole week to get here....presumably traveling by hitchhiker. You live in Boston, and are getting it from CA....isn't Atlanta closer than CA???

Mine shipped 5/23 from Austell Georgia, but won't be delivered until 5/30 because of the holiday. Best part is they went through a shipping hub near my house (Nevada) early this morning, then kept going to California.

Finally got the goggles today. But a question for all! I was in the original order and should have been shipped no later than 5/20. Never got any info. After 3 days of email with online sales as well as customer service they were finally shipped. That did not happen though util after a tweet about the absolutely poor customer support from DJI. Shortly after that DJI contacted me to say they would look into it (which supposably they were already doing). later that day got tracking info! Asked for an explanation as to why this happened and have yet to receive an answer. Now the question- on the larger box the goggles came in was a sticker with my last name on it and under it MON 06/05 and a few other numbers of no importance. I believe that it indicates that it was not originally going to ship until Monday, JUNE 5. Just my constant questioning is the only reason I have them now. For what ever reason even though I ordered and got approved on the 24th of April they were not going to ship until in June. In other words just another BS story by DJI about FIFO. If you still do not have your goggles and were in the first order this may be what is happening. I do not know for sure obviously buy just saying---. Did anybody notice this type of sticker on your shipping box?

Sorry, didn't look at the sticker before crushing the box at work, but came from Atlanta in a huge box with little to no bubble packing. I had the same story. Didn't see any shipping info for 2 days, then label created for a day with no tracking. Sent Emails, etc, kept saying response delayed, then would get results. Squeaky wheel gets the oil?

Can't stand FedEx. I ordered through Amazon because when I got my Mavic it was shipped though the Amazon system, and delivered by either UPS or the Post Office (don't recall which and doesn't matter). They're fine with leaving it on the porch no signature. But FedEx demands a signature, can't pre-sign and if you change anything it absolutely will cause a delay of at least one business day, even though I'm paying $13 for redirection.

I didn't expect to see the goggles ship until mid-June. When I got the notice earlier this week I was pleasantly surprised. But I couldn't take Friday off to sit at home all day, so I redirected to the office. Now instead of having a long weekend to try them out, I won't see them until Tuesday afternoon at the earliest. And I have to work graveyard shift on Wednesday...

Oh well, not the end of the world but have to rant about getting screwed again by FedEx ground.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661