DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Orientation Icon is NOT working on my Mavic Air 2

klittlewood

Reactions
Hey everybody, my orientation icon at the bottom of my screen on my iPhone stopped working a few days ago. It shows up in RED and does not show me where my Air 2 is relation to my RC like it always has. I updated the firmware, uninstalled and reinstalled the DJI Fly App, updated my iphone, installed new updates for the DJI fly app, and recalibrated the compass and IMU multiple times and it DOES NOT fix the issue. I have contacted DJI support multiple times and nothing they have suggested has worked. I downloaded DJI Assistant on my Macbook Pro and did a firmware update that way as well. Does anybody else have this problem?? If so, how did you fix it?? Any suggestions would be a huge help. Thank you so much!!!

Hey everybody, my orientation icon at the bottom of my screen on my iPhone stopped working a few days ago. It shows up in RED and does not show me where my Air 2 is relation to my RC like it always has. I updated the firmware, uninstalled and reinstalled the DJI Fly App, updated my iphone, installed new updates for the DJI fly app, and recalibrated the compass and IMU multiple times and it DOES NOT fix the issue. I have contacted DJI support multiple times and nothing they have suggested has worked. I downloaded DJI Assistant on my Macbook Pro and did a firmware update that way as well. Does anybody else have this problem?? If so, how did you fix it?? Any suggestions would be a huge help. Thank you so much!!!
There have been several issues with this including the Mavic Mini. It generally means that your device GPS location has been lost or not turned on. Double check that your GPS location services are working correctly. Also verify that your device compass is calibrated and working.

Did you ever get it figured out?

Mine worked great on my first MA2. I had a bad crash and ordered a replacement. When i received the replacement the 1.1.5 firmware had been released. It has never work on the new ma2 with 1.1.5. Ive also uninstalled, reinstalled, calibrated compass etc. I havent changed ANY settings on my galaxy s9+ between flying each bird. Frustrating.

Reactions: ninja_geezer
When mine turns red I’ve started turning my phone in the controller 90 degrees real fast and and it starts working every time for me give it shot

When mine turns red I’ve started turning my phone in the controller 90 degrees real fast and and it starts working every time for me give it shot
Are you saying just a quick 90 degree flip and then back to horizontal; or do you leave it at the 90 degree position while continuing to fly?

I have tried everything recommended in this, and other, threads on the subject. Thus far, nothing has corrected the problem for me. I don't believe we can rely on home brewed remedies to fix the problem. I think it's time for DJI to recognize the problem; and to step up with a solution.

How you made the phone compass calibration? Not drones calibration, I mean phone calibration?

Have same issue here, mini as well. Some data I've seen posted about it, with apparent sporadic success. I haven't tried all these, hope it helps.

Flip phone around 180 degrees in mount
Hold rc/phone away from waist
Precise compass calibration on phone
Allow location permission
Check Google play services location permission
Use different cable
Have a compass app running in background
Make sure the drone is far enough away

Did you ever get it figured out?

Mine worked great on my first MA2. I had a bad crash and ordered a replacement. When i received the replacement the 1.1.5 firmware had been released. It has never work on the new ma2 with 1.1.5. Ive also uninstalled, reinstalled, calibrated compass etc. I havent changed ANY settings on my galaxy s9+ between flying each bird. Frustrating.
Thats strange i have a samsung S9+ and the same was very poor never really pointed in the right direction,anyway i now fly with an ipad mini 5th gen cellular model and its great ,i has to do with the compass on the phone im sure .try re-calibrating the phone compass with the figure of 8 movement at least 3 times before yo fly see if that helps.

Thats strange i have a samsung S9+ and the same was very poor never really pointed in the right direction,anyway i now fly with an ipad mini 5th gen cellular model and its great ,i has to do with the compass on the phone im sure .try re-calibrating the phone compass with the figure of 8 movement at least 3 times before yo fly see if that helps.
Ive recalibrated so many times already lol. Ive have found that if i back out of camera view and select the "altitude" map, let it show my gps location, then go back to camera view it works about 5 seconds accurately then goes red. The map available in botton left while flying on camera view always shows drone and controller orientation correctly so the data is there, it just doesn't communicate with that center orientation icon.

Ive recalibrated so many times already lol. Ive have found that if i back out of camera view and select the "altitude" map, let it show my gps location, then go back to camera view it works about 5 seconds accurately then goes red. The map available in botton left while flying on camera view always shows drone and controller orientation correctly so the data is there, it just doesn't communicate with that center orientation icon.
can you try another handset or tablet ,maybe borrow one ,make sure if its a tablet it has gps .

can you try another handset or tablet ,maybe borrow one ,make sure if its a tablet it has gps .
So i just tried my wifes s9+ and it works perfect. I know its my phone now, just have no idea why. Reinstalled app multiple time, calibrated compass multiple times, all location permissions granted. Idk wtf.

Reactions: ninja_geezer
So i just tried my wifes s9+ and it works perfect. I know its my phone now, just have no idea why. Reinstalled app multiple time, calibrated compass multiple times, all location permissions granted. Idk wtf.
I guessed it was your phone ,swap phones lol dont tell her.....:D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000