DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Original DJI Goggles and Fatshark's versus DJI Goggles RE

Srcrain

Reactions
Question for the forum. I have the original DJI Goggles and fly multiple Tiny Whoops in my house. I don't have a good pair of FPV goggles. My question is should I sell my original DJI Goggles and buy the new DJI Goggles RE or keep the original goggles and buy a pair of Fatshark's? It looks like I could sell the original goggles for between $250 and $300. The Fatshark's look to be around $350 to $500. Or I can buy the new Goggles for $550 (for a net of $300).

I sold mine original goggles and got the RE. I also have the fatsharks for racing drones.

Just got home today to and goggles RE are here! Ill Let you know

Not too much yet, got called into work tday too.

I did connect to my racing drone (Holybro kopis1). Looks cool inside house, seemed to update fast. I wasn’t flying though. Image was nice

Any additional update after using them for a few days? I am mostly interested in the image versus the Fatshark's (when using the analog signal). I already know how good they are when used with the Mavic and Spark. I could not resist, so I just ordered my own pair of goggles RE yesterday.

Any additional update after using them for a few days? I am mostly interested in the image versus the Fatshark's (when using the analog signal). I already know how good they are when used with the Mavic and Spark. I could not resist, so I just ordered my own pair of goggles RE yesterday.
They are great. I still flown haven’t my racing drone with them , but hooked them up and checked out the analog signal. Only thing is the fat shark are a lot smaller.

One thing to keep in mind. The cheaper Fatsharks have a narrow fov. Like sitting at the back of a tiny screened cinema. The difference between that and the huge fov of the DJI goggles may bother. I have the dominator HD’s and they are fine for me. But they are pricey. Fatsharks are smaller to carry around, if that’s important.

Testing finally today, fixed my racing drone. Had to wait for little screws etc. Last time I tried outside I video signal and crashed the drone, using the DJI goggles. Im going to fly with my Fatsharks now, and record with the DJI RE goggles and see how they do when playing back. Else it is too risky to try goggles again!

The analogue reception is no good compared to fatshark hd with diviersity antenna. You cant fly a racing drone with these goggles. They cut out a lot. I recorded with both and with a 3:45 minute video on fatshark, the dji analog record , only recorded 3:09. for the same length video. start and end at the same points. DJI Goggles RE i guesse dont record when signal is bad.

Only good for spectator goggles. Great for the DJI Products though!

The analogue reception is no good compared to fatshark hd with diviersity antenna. You cant fly a racing drone with these goggles. They cut out a lot. I recorded with both and with a 3:45 minute video on fatshark, the dji analog record , only recorded 3:09. for the same length video. start and end at the same points. DJI Goggles RE i guesse dont record when signal is bad.

Only good for spectator goggles. Great for the DJI Products though!
Besides cutting out, was there a difference in latency between the fatsharks and goggles RE?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78