DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Orlando, FL

Hi all. I also live in Waterford Lakes and try to get out to fly my Air now and then. Have flown in the neighborhood and the Waterford Rec center and gone toward the Brevard side of 50 past Bithlo but this being Orlando, it can be tough with the congestion and weather conditions. If anyone in the area is out and about after new year, let me know. I'd like to get the bird up in the air more!

Reactions: baldy54
I just got my Mavic Pro and have had some flights around my house in Altamonte Springs. There are some private "fields" around my area, but they don't get many flights during the year. The one at the hospital about a mile or so away, but they fly several hundred feet AGL so I keep my MP lower than that and come down when I hear them coming. When I get better I'll go out to areas further out and fly there.

Lake Dora... Fly'n off the boat, kinda sketchy to land it back on the deckDJI_0090.JPG

I'm in Kissimmee/St Cloud area.
Currently learning to fly at Twin Oaks Park, nice wide open spaces and not too many people around. Scenery is a bit dull though, but at this point dull is good.
Google maps: 6MQ2+J2 St Cloud, Florida
After org_997cc934f2d10c5a_1549140472000-EFFECTS.jpg

Hey all ... I’m in Winter Park and I’ve been going out to a trail/hiking park out in Bithlo... very quiet there during the week and after 10 am traffic isn’t bad takes about 1/2 hour... not too scenic but good for just getting out and flying ..

Reactions: TaterB
The further west you go from Orlando, the better it gets. Actual hills to fly from and tons of lakes and still some orange groves.. but you can still have fun in the big city. :)

37250277-1745368608912515-3028972762916978688-o.jpg

I'm in Kissimmee/St Cloud area.
Currently learning to fly at Twin Oaks Park, nice wide open spaces and not too many people around. Scenery is a bit dull though, but at this point dull is good.
Google maps: 6MQ2+J2 St Cloud, Florida
View attachment 62117
Going to Kissimmee in a couple weeks. Will have to check this out.

Anyone here have a Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual? Either for sale or could help us locate a dog that can’t be caught. I’m about to purchase one.

Hi all! Newbie with a plea for assistance and an embarrassing first flight: I have lost my drone in a tree at Minneola Trail Head, close to Orlando. Visiting from MA. I was wondering if any experienced pilots might be available to bump it loose or fly over to confirm exact location—would gladly pay for this help! I’m only in the area through Sat, unfortunately. But even if you weren’t free until another time, I have almost pinpointed coordinates. Hoping tonight’s/tomorrow’s winds could knock it loose.

Hi all! Newbie with a plea for assistance and an embarrassing first flight: I have lost my drone in a tree at Minneola Trail Head, close to Orlando. Visiting from MA. I was wondering if any experienced pilots might be available to bump it loose or fly over to confirm exact location—would gladly pay for this help! I’m only in the area through Sat, unfortunately. But even if you weren’t free until another time, I have almost pinpointed coordinates. Hoping tonight’s/tomorrow’s winds could knock it loose.

I live in Clermont. Shoot me a PM

Hi again, all! I ended up getting it back with reasonably priced tree climbing service from Arbor One—would highly recommend them if anyone in the area has a similar need. Now just need to figure out whether it was water damaged. Current plan: put in a Tupperware with uncooked rice. Took the battery and card out. Planning to get a new battery, figuring mine is compromised. Won’t try turning on for quite a while. Let me know if anyone has other ideas!

I am in the Metro Orlando area also. It's tough trying to find a decent place to fly around here! Orange and Seminole Counties are loaded with NFZ's! I am considering driving out to the west coast of Florida and flying out there for a day. From what I have seen on YouTube, there are even some nice places to get some great footage from the air! Does anyone else feel locked in here in Central Florida?!

Reactions: rudyr89
I am in the Metro Orlando area also. It's tough trying to find a decent place to fly around here! Orange and Seminole Counties are loaded with NFZ's! I am considering driving out to the west coast of Florida and flying out there for a day. From what I have seen on YouTube, there are even some nice places to get some great footage from the air! Does anyone else feel locked in here in Central Florida?!

I’m in clermont so it’s not too bad.

Just FYI, if you head East on the 528 to Innovation Way, there’s a corporate park that is out of MCO’s area and in the back of it there is plenty of open area to fly. It’s not the most scenic, but I used it a lot when I first got the MP to practice.
is that right or left when you off of 528?

Clermont area is really nice -- lots of lakes and hills.
I know this is an old thread but we're actually staying on Lake Louisa in Cleremont for vacation, great to hear it's a scenic area. We were planning on bringing a boat too but with Covid my up in age parents are afraid to join us on the family vacation this year.

I know this is an old thread but we're actually staying on Lake Louisa in Cleremont for vacation, great to hear it's a scenic area. We were planning on bringing a boat too but with Covid my up in age parents are afraid to join us on the family vacation this year.
Clermont is awesome! I flew around lake Apopka a couple times. I wish I had somewhere to take off near Bella Collina it's a gorgeous condo.

I've been close to Lake Louisa but since it's a NFZ, no fun. Is it worth it to fly/capture videos around it outside of the NFZ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy