DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Osmo + as a webcam

DroneTiger

Reactions
Is there any way to use an Osmo + 4k as a webcam for zoom type meetings? I see where I can use it on facebook live or youtube live through the app but didn't know if there's any way to connect it directly to my Mac?

Is there any way to use an Osmo + 4k as a webcam for zoom type meetings? I see where I can use it on facebook live or youtube live through the app but didn't know if there's any way to connect it directly to my Mac?
For all of you Apple haters non-users out there, my iMAC and my MacBookPro have a really nice built in camera for Zoom meetings and other forms of communication.

For all of you Apple haters non-users out there, my iMAC and my MacBookPro have a really nice built in camera for Zoom meetings and other forms of communication.
Yes, but video purists say the quality (720p?) is not very good. (I think they’re fine, and have been a Mac user since 1987. New Macs this year have an improved camera.)

Yes, but video purists say the quality (720p?) is not very good. (I think they’re fine, and have been a Mac user since 1987. New Macs this year have an improved camera.)
I Googled that and the newer iMAC cameras have 1080p. but that is not necessary for video chat anyway.

I wasn't really meaning from a practical standpoint, I was just wondering if it was actually possible. I've hooked up my Panasonic gh5 and used it as my webcam and played around with OBS to Zoom to try to get creative with teaching. Also, when working with multiple monitors, it's nice to have a different webcam setup.

I'm not sure if Zoom can even display 4k video. I've tried using 4k video things with Zoom and, at least for me, the quality looked just like 1080p video.?‍♂️ I don't know if it'd be worth it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000