DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Osmo Mobile 3 Questions

AIredale1

Reactions
I would love to buy the Osmo Mobile 3 but I have some concerns. I'm hoping someone hear can address my concerns.

This looks awesome to me and I really want one. That being said, I have a iPhone7 Plus which I keep in an Otterbox Defender case. The phone in the case weighs 290 grams which is 60 grams over the max payload for the Osmo 3

1. Can the Osmo handle the extra weight?
2. Is there an Osmo Mobile 4 on the horizon?

I understand that I could simply take the phone out of the Otterbox but if anyone is familiar with the Otterbox you understand that there is nothing simple about taking the phone out of the case. So, I'm hoping that someone here can lay out my options for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think the case will be too heavy and to thick for the Osmo 3. I have a 7Plus and a XR. Whenever I use either phone with my Osmo 3 I find it easier to remove them from the case first. When in the case they don completely lock into the phone holder. My 7Plus is in a Pelican case and it just barely fits in with the case on.

Reactions: AIredale1
I would love to buy the Osmo Mobile 3 but I have some concerns. I'm hoping someone hear can address my concerns.

This looks awesome to me and I really want one. That being said, I have a iPhone7 Plus which I keep in an Otterbox Defender case. The phone in the case weighs 290 grams which is 60 grams over the max payload for the Osmo 3

I understand that I could simply take the phone out of the Otterbox but if anyone is familiar with the Otterbox you understand that there is nothing simple about taking the phone out of the case. So, I'm hoping that someone here can lay out my options for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I cannot speak to the issue of the iPhone 7, but I have a 6S in an Otterbox. I have been able to use it on the Osmo 3 just fine. You do have to make sure it is well seated in the clamp and centered properly. I have also attached the USB cable to the Osmo to keep the phone battery charged. I route it through the clamp next to the phone. It all works pretty well, and I haven’t had it fall out, but I wouldn’t go running down the road with it. ?

Last edited:
I cannot speak to the issue of the iPhone 7, but I have a 6S in an Otterbox. I have been able to use it on the Osmo 3 just fine. You do have to make sure it is well seated in the clamp and centered properly. I have also attached the USB cable to the Osmo to keep the phone battery charged. I route it through the clamp next to the phone. It all works pretty well, and I haven’t had it fall out, but I would go running down the road with it. ?

Thank you, much appreciated.

I have a 3 which I'd like to sell but I first need to reset back to factory. I set it up and decided this wasn't something I'd use. can someone tell me how to get it back to factory defaults.

I have a 3 which I'd like to sell but I first need to reset back to factory. I set it up and decided this wasn't something I'd use. can someone tell me how to get it back to factory defaults.
Nothing to reset really. It's a Bluetooth device driven by the app. I don't believe it stores any info. Just takes instructions from the app.

Reactions: pelagic_one

I also use the Osmo 3 with my iPhone 7+ and a similar heavy-duty case by Spigen which although setting me 50g over the payload limits, has yet to give me any problems. The Osmo is loads of fun: really a "thinking man's" selfie stick :)!

This seems like a dead thread and sub forum but I just picked one up (a 3). Thought it would be cool for some of our adventure hikes and to add some ground footage to some air work. Not very expensive to give it a whirl I guess, seemed kinda cool. Should arrive tomorrow.

This seems like a dead thread and sub forum but I just picked one up (a 3). Thought it would be cool for some of our adventure hikes and to add some ground footage to some air work. Not very expensive to give it a whirl I guess, seemed kinda cool. Should arrive tomorrow.
I do the same thing. I've had my Osmo mobile 3 for a while now. I lost intrest once I got my Mavic mini but now that we have been in lock down , I spend a lot of time in State parks discovering trails. The Osmo Mobile 3 comes in very handy for the ground footage. The active track feature is great. I just wish it could be used for Live and other streaming platforms.

Got it today seems pretty sweet!

Kinda stupid that they give you a case but you can’t fit everything in it. That’s not very DJI...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi