DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Other drones?

for the price on a like for like basis there is really nothing much out there to live with the features and quality of DJI products of course its all down to how much you can afford and what you want your drone for

Reactions: fleurdelisxliv
Can always get something cheaper, but you will always sacrifice quality/features. You will kick yourself trying to skimp on something. I know I did when I get my first racing drone. Shorted out the 4-in-1 ESC as I plugged the battery in for the first time lol. DJI's are expensive, but you know what you are getting is going to work as advertised.

So i have been looking at the DJI Mavic Air and this will be my first drone. From what i can see is that the Parrot Anafi would be its direct competitor within this price range. I then found the Autel Evo which seems to be compared to the Mavic pro & pro 2 and is receiving quite positive reviews.... so should i consider this as alternative option to the Air as it is similar in price but at the same time not as expensive as the mavic pro but recieving positive comments?

My thoughts:

If I were in your shoes, this is what I would be asking myself. What is my:
  1. Budget
  2. Mission
  3. Desire for portability
  4. Location
  5. Preferred media? Video or stills?
  6. Confidence in my flying abilities
After you have answered these questions, we could help steer you better.

My thoughts:

If I were in your shoes, this is what I would be asking myself. What is my:
  1. Budget
  2. Mission
  3. Desire for portability
  4. Location
  5. Preferred media? Video or stills?
  6. Confidence in my flying abilities
After you have answered these questions, we could help steer you better.
Im pretty much decided on the Mavic Air as i dont want to spend to much and then decide its not for me. I guess i was just curious as to what other people would consider as the drone world seems very favourible to the DJI's. At least with mobiles/cell phones its either Apple or Samsung lol

yuneec, tiny whoop is my next drone
If you are looking for a tiny whoop, I would suggest a Mobula 7 with a BetaFPV frame. Tiny little guy, but has tons of power. Can fly in wind outside no problem. I got one for Christmas and it's been great...until I faceplanted during a backflip and cracked the frame...but that's why the BetaFPV one is on the way :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart