DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Others with dead Mavic after FW update?

solvstrom

Reactions
Hi guys

I tried to update to the new firmware, and a long the way it must have failed. I now have a Mavic that i can't connect or get in touch with at all.

The Mavic powers on, but the fans doesn't start which makes it extremely hot. The RC doens't register it all all and just blinks CONNECTING. I've tried to connect the Mavic through a USB cable to the computer (Both Mac and PC) to see if i could roll back the FW with DJI Assistant, but no luck. The remote i can see totally fine through the DJI Assistant, so the cable and Mac seems to be working.

I'm completely out of ideas, and have more or less given up. Someone did mention that i should try to download a firmware bin file and update it through the SD card, but they doens't seem to be available anymore. I'm very supprise that an software update like this can ruin hardware like this. Also, the battery i used for updating is now showing 2 green lights in the middle of the battery. I've tried with spare batteries, but that didn't work either.

Any tips / tricks?

Try rebinding the RC to the aircraft like I mentioned on DJI forum. Also use the short USB cable that came with the drone

I'm very supprise that an software update like this can ruin hardware like this.

Firmware bricking hardware is a well-established tradition with a lot of electronics makers. I'd look for an old version of the FW you can throw on a card.. you should be able to find one by asking around.

The Mavic cannot be flashed from a card. Assistant or phone only, if it isn't recognised in either it will mean a trip to service.

I don't think I've ever read of a FW brick on the Mavic before, so it's pretty robust compared to others.

Try rebinding the RC to the aircraft like I mentioned on DJI forum. Also use the short USB cable that came with the drone

I did that, but nothing :/

Bummer, looks like I have to send it in. Still surprised that a FW update can do such a thing.

Put an SD card in the Mavic that has no files on it, restart the Mavic and it should create a new file structure on the card. Now bind the controller, if it won't bind, turn controller off. Switch Mavic to wifi and connect phone with Go4 app.

You should get the update firmware message, it may fail along the way, just try again. Switch Mavic off and set it back to RC.

Switch RC on, switch Mavic on, press bind button Mavic.

Good luck. Not proven but worth a try.

I had trouble during a firmware update, by deleting all the files on the SD card and rebooting it updated with no problem.

I did what you suggested. No luck :(

I can't even get the wifi to pop-tup even though the Mavic is set to wi-fi.

Last edited:

I've tried that as well. I can't bind it. It just keeps flashing yellow. I tried the C1, C2 and Shutter to reset. Then restart and tried to bind it. No luck.

I feel like i've tried everything now! :/

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots