DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Outside contractors used by Fire departments

hbrlasvegas

Reactions
I'm wondering if there are outside contractors that partner with local fire departments to provide drone services. Doing some initial research it seems like everything I can find has to do with departments starting and running their drone ops from within.

I offered my drone services to our local VFD for SAR and brush fires. I’m just doing it as a public service and not for money. The benefit (aside from the satisfaction involved) is that I’m completely insured when deployed. There are no other pilots among the firefighters.

I used to here in Florida, but effective July 1, no government agency is allowed to acquire, use or contract with anyone who uses DJI drones. This is covered under Section 940.50 (and subsections) of the Florida statute. It was originally directed only at law enforcement, but now includes all agencies. The folks I know in fire and LEO are quite upset by this and some agencies (or departments) have decided to quit using drones altogether. I get that they don't want to feed money to the CCP and that there are security concerns so I am not complaining about that. It's just a bit of a bummer that it shut down my working relationships with these folks, unless I want to spend tens of thousands of dollars more on other brands, which I am not willing to do right now. I have a M2 Zoom, M2EA and M30t and not willing to spend any more right now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato