DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Over exposed sky

Ryanirish

Reactions
I just got a new mavic air drone and sunswt was really nice but always comes out over exposed with no definition how do i fix this?

Couldnt upload the video only screenshot

Attachments

• IMG_7374.PNG
    IMG_7374.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 87
Reactions: aloha808
I just got a new mavic air drone and sunswt was really nice but always comes out over exposed with no definition how do i fix this?

Couldnt upload the video only screenshot
If you are going for just the sunset, than you can switch to manual mode and increase shutter speed and decrease ISO until you get the desired exposure.

You are shooting into the sunset, try HDR mode or AEB with 3 or 5 exposures and combine them on your computer using Photoshop, Aurora HDR or Photomatix. When you shoot into the sun that way it can't expose for both the subjects on the ground and the intense sunlight.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about above

Regular Exposure:
DJI_0142.jpg

3 Photo AEB combined in Aurora HDR:
DJI_0142hdr.jpg

Reactions: p3-reaerial
Here's an example of what I'm talking about above

Regular Exposure:
DJI_0142.jpg

3 Photo AEB combined in Aurora HDR:
DJI_0142hdr.jpg
From what he said at the very end of his post, I think he's shooting video. If he was doing photos, I would agree that HDR/AEB is definetly the way to go.

Reactions: aloha808
From what he said at the very end of his post, I think he's shooting video. If he was doing photos, I would agree that HDR/AEB is definetly the way to go.
You are right, good catch.

Reactions: MavicCF
As said above, flick over to manual, iso down and decrease the shutter speed as well. Till you see what you like IMG_7440.JPG

Also remember the camera is pretty terrible when it comes from dynamic range. Avoid shots with too much difference between light and dark unless specifically after silhouettes.

Reactions: stemfour
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada