DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Over the "flying over water" fear today.

It is unpredictable but manageable with hands on controls. But the end result is good if you have floatation. Maybe. I feel it's a huge investment to waste in the water but my solution has worked well. I don't like the dowel in the cam straight down but it floats. And worse case it will upside down too. Lol really after reading all the posts, it's a risk to take off. Ya never know what you are going to get..sun flares. Magnetic anomolise. Acts of nature. Oh and firmware bs. Whatever. Just fly. Hope for the best.

Have you tried it any wind.? I am regularly flying over open ocean in high winds filming windsurfing. Would really love to have some sort of flotation, not for landing, but to help in drone recovery for refresh purposes.
This footage is taken in 30-35 knot (35-40mph) winds.

<iframe src="MAVIC - HD 720p from Gunfire Images on Vimeo" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>
<p><a href="
">MAVIC - HD 720p</a> from <a href="Gunfire Images">Gunfire Images</a> on <a href="Vimeo: Watch, upload, and share HD and 4K videos with no ads">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh