DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Overheating of camera board on long flight times? Using litchi

mnoutdoors

Reactions
Has anyone noticed overheating of camera board on extended flight times in warmer climates 80 degrees?
At about 30 minutes flight time I’m seeing, what I’m thinking is overheating of the camera board. Using the litchi app. Distance is not the issue. But I am using a amped up feed on the RC, I’m wondering if the amped up feed is causing it to heat up. Does not affect the control signal just the video feed. Once it gets home and it sits cools off and I retry it’s fine. I loose all control of the gimble up/down black screen off and on garbled video. Then it’s fine when it cools off? Guess I need to see if the the Go4app does it also

Can I ask which camera board you are referring to? The gimbal PCB is actually the camera board, but that only gets hot if your gimbal ribbon cable is shorting out.

The core board is the one to worry about, but you have a huge fan in the front of the drone to cool it down to 96° so unless your fan is kaput, thats probably not a problem.

If you have a temp gun, test the heat sink at the bottom after a long flight. It shouldnt be more than 120° or if its too hot to touch, then you have a problem.

I’m not sure its a board at all, I’m reaching out for ideas, it just seems it’s a time/heat issue with litchi I have not proven this with the go4 app. I do know it pumps the blood pressure up when your a long ways from the home position and you loose your video.That’s when the IFR training has to kick in.

I would guess the ac was not over 120 degrees on the bottom, and I have had this happen with both Mavic pros
But only with Litchi and always with heavy amped RC

Land the AC let it sit and cool a bit and fly a short say 15k flight no issues

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mth0d