DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Page blocked by Bitdefender

Samjamesaus

Reactions
Hi recently tried to launch my Mavic Air2 and got a page blocked signal. I tried turning everything off and starting again but I still got the error message. I eventually chose to ignore it and the pop up on my screen and flew successfully 4 or 5 times around the park. Has anyone else had this message? Is it unique to Bitdefender. Do I need to delete the app and reload it? Cheers Sam

Attachments

• E7533BA7-ACDA-40B8-8BF2-BAFBB450F411.png
    E7533BA7-ACDA-40B8-8BF2-BAFBB450F411.png
    154.6 KB · Views: 15
The problem is bitdefender in this case, so the solution will be the setup for BD.

Reactions: BigAl07
@Samjamesaus You need to going to Bitdefender and setup up exclusions. Exclude the flyapp fully, note the website name and exclude that as well. More pages may show up.

If you can you are best to shut Bitdefender down while flying, it could find other things it wants to warn about and that could be problematic in flight as it will likely put a popup over your screen.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Thank you Olaf and RGallant. I will do that. With the worry of Chinese data gathering through Huawei and other companies I wondered whether the App was surreptitiously checking out data from every DJI user. I would be surprised if my flights were of much interest but others who use DJI for military or commercial purposes might be compromised. Just my thoughts from the wilds of Glendalough in Western Australia.?

Thank you Olaf and RGallant. I will do that. With the worry of Chinese data gathering through Huawei and other companies I wondered whether the App was surreptitiously checking out data from every DJI user. I would be surprised if my flights were of much interest but others who use DJI for military or commercial purposes might be compromised. Just my thoughts from the wilds of Glendalough in Western Australia.?
Think you're overthinking the issues and creating a problem where there isn't one. Not saying Huawei and others don't spy / etc - yet if you're flying in "airplane" mode - no data is being sent anywhere from a phone / tablet - yet the drone is using GPS signals which I doubt would be reason to spy.

If anyone wants to see my drone info - it would probably be in the USA - the FAA. No idea who that is down under. Then it would be ONLY if I were to be flying in an NFZ / restricted zone and did not have permission to do so.

Thanks you’re probably right. Still -the page blocked is
“terra-2-g.djicdn.com.w.alikunlun.com”
is that page used by my drone? That is the page blocked and only comes up on my starting of the dji 4.0 blue app with white letters. Every time I press the app button the page blocked message comes up. Btw I prefer to overthink rather than underthink?. I’ll try deleting the app and reinstalling. Thanks again.

Thanks tlswift58. Here is a screenshot from Bit defender saying this connection is Phishing
-that seems someone is trying to access my info. Cheers Sam

Attachments

• 4F42A064-B44B-4B51-8537-630D108841B5.jpeg
    4F42A064-B44B-4B51-8537-630D108841B5.jpeg
    127.3 KB · Views: 5
It could be a false positive, I can drop the app on my tablet see if it exist. But you can also contact DJI to see if it is valid.

Nothing shows on my tablet with Malwarebytes installed, the app fires up fine. I think you may have a false positive issue

yeah this address is trying to install software. i can assume the software might gather information while the phone is in airplane mode then relay that information once connected to the internet.
terra-1-g.djicdn.com.w.alikunlun.com<<<—Mad sus its also listed on threatcrowd.org

I purchased some DJI gear this week and having the exact same issue.

Any updates on this?

It's not the best introduction for a brand to deliver to customers I have to say.

Thanks tlswift58. Here is a screenshot from Bit defender saying this connection is Phishing
-that seems someone is trying to access my info. Cheers Sam
Went to that page and it seems to be gone.

I have my FlyApp set to NOT transmit data to DJI. Have not encountered any issues like you've gotten. It's supposedly a CDN DJI website, so no idea why it would be needed. Maybe DJI knows...

I've used many different anti-virus / malware products in my years in IT and some are far more sensitive than others to what it may seem a threat. Contacting Bitdefender and DJI may help find out the issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne