DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pairing DJI goggles with Mavic air 2

koco2202

Reactions
I am sure this was discussed in here, but I will give it a shot.

I purchased almost new DJI goggles white, they were $100, great price to pass, and I have the MA2 with the original remote (I don't have the smart remote).

What's the best way to pair them, do they even work with the Mavic Air 2?

Thank you and sorry if this was already asked.

Kosta

I am sure this was discussed in here, but I will give it a shot.

I purchased almost new DJI goggles white, they were $100, great price to pass, and I have the MA2 with the original remote (I don't have the smart remote).

What's the best way to pair them, do they even work with the Mavic Air 2?

Thank you and sorry if this was already asked.

Kosta
No, they won’t pair with the DJI FPV goggles. Two ways to get around this...buy the DJI smart controller that will pair with it, or get the Litchi app beta and use it with a pair of cell phone FPV goggles.

Unfortunately the answers above is correct, it's a no ...

They don't work as intended, will not let you handle the app functionality directly from the goggles & no head steering either. It's some fiddly ways by means of HDMI cables & screen mirroring ways to get in the live view but with no functionality & some lag. With these methods you need to lift the goggles to make app adjustments.

Use the forum search functionality up to the right ... a lot have been written about this since the MA2 was released.

Last edited:
sure, i have test it on mini 2 and MA2 is the same
but you have to buy exactly the same wifi device from the video
the google chromecast is not working for example
if you need more help let me know

Reactions: koco2202
sure, i have test it on mini 2 and MA2 is the same
but you have to buy exactly the same wifi device from the video
the google Chromecast is not working for example
if you need more help let me know
Thank you, I appreciate your help. I check the gear from the amazon links he put but they are unavailable for now, I will get them as soon as they are back.

Thank you, I appreciate your help. I check the gear from the amazon links he put but they are unavailable for now, I will get them as soon as they are back.
Just so you're aware ... this solution induce some lag between what's happening in real time & when you see it in the goggles (... can be anything between 0,5-2sec). Then as said before, nothing else besides the casted live view will work in the goggles.

The setup will be much like a phone in the RC which wifi casting over hotspot to another phone inside a pair of cheap box goggles ... it's equal here, you need to lift the goggles every time you need to access the app.

Would never recommend anyone to buy a pair full priced DJI goggles to only being able to do this ... BUT, now when you already have them, sure why not try it out ?

It is very annoying that it seems DJI is not going to support FPV for the Mini 2 or the Air 2. OH WELL.

Seems like a lot of work. LOL. And you constantly have to flip them up to do anything in the app.

No, they won’t pair with the DJI FPV goggles. Two ways to get around this...buy the DJI smart controller that will pair with it, or get the Litchi app beta and use it with a pair of cell phone FPV goggles.
Thats what I did. Veer Falcon headset, longer 3.3' usb-c to usb-c cable (had to shave down Both sides of the one plug so that it would fit in the controller's usb-s input, anti slip tape on that plug, too. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07VCPC8X1?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Installed Dronevr software. Using my S10+ cell, got tilt and up/down gimbal response from the headset.

I have an older Oculus vr headset far the Samsung S7+ and still have the phone. I tried using it but it required downloading the Oculus software which completely hijacks everything. Does anyone know I'd there's a way to use it with the Air 2?

I have an older Oculus vr headset far the Samsung S7+ and still have the phone. I tried using it but it required downloading the Oculus software which completely hijacks everything. Does anyone know I'd there's a way to use it with the Air 2?
done an did it with my s10+, veer falcon, 3.3 ft usb-c 2x cable, dronevr software. pics to come.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929