DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Palm Beach County

Do you worry about the high voltage electric lines at 20 mile bend causing interference with your controller? I just got my Mavic Pro and am looking for good places to fly.
Anytime I am on SR 80 by Lion Country Safari, I send up a drone. There is a "viewing area" off SR80 and I have never had interference. I actually got my furthest distance with my phantom flying west from that area.

Do you worry about the high voltage electric lines at 20 mile bend causing interference with your controller? I just got my Mavic Pro and am looking for good places to fly.

Once you get out to the bridge at cr 700 the power lines go north toward canal point/pahokee.

I have flown over them and about 100 feet parallel to the south of them on a nearby dirt road that lies between the canal and lines with no problem, however I prefer to keep my distance-just in case.

There are some nice places near the Lake Okeechobee to fly, I am going to be in the area Saturday and plan on flying at belle glade marina - one of the few if not last manually operated bridges - I grew up in the area.

Let me know and maybe we can touch base.

Once you get out to the bridge at cr 700 the power lines go north toward canal point/pahokee.

I have flown over them and about 100 feet parallel to the south of them on a nearby dirt road that lies between the canal and lines with no problem, however I prefer to keep my distance-just in case.

There are some nice places near the Lake Okeechobee to fly, I am going to be in the area Saturday and plan on flying at belle glade marina - one of the few if not last manually operated bridges - I grew up in the area.

Let me know and maybe we can touch base.[/QUOTE

I’ve only had my Mavic Pro up a couple of times since I got it about 3 weeks ago. I took it to Key West a couple of weeks ago but its waaaay too crowded down there. I will take it up to Iowa in couple of weeks which should be interesting. My brother and sister live in a town of 200.
Meanwhile I’m looking around Wellington and points west. We may cross paths. I’ve never really looked for drones before but that’s changed now. Love my Mavic Pro.

I will stay in touch here -
I’ve only had my Mavic Pro up a couple of times since I got it about 3 weeks ago. I took it to Key West a couple of weeks ago but its waaaay too crowded down there. I will take it up to Iowa in couple of weeks which should be interesting. My brother and sister live in a town of 200.
Meanwhile I’m looking around Wellington and points west. We may cross paths. I’ve never really looked for drones before but that’s changed now. Love my Mavic Pro.
I have my little ones this weekend, so we might go out Saturday (tomorrow) to fly. I have my MP 2 batteries ready to go and my Autel xp batteries charging as I write.
If I head out it will be probably after lunch but defgnerly before 4pm as that’s when the storms have been building up the last few days.
Might head up the east side of the lake past Port Mayaca were the St. Lucie river meets the lake,nice bridge there and locks as well.

I will post again when I head that way.....if you wanna follow or anyone else - feel free to message me and I can share my number and we can message via cell phone so as not to congest this thread——-

Thanks
Laz

Weather was not conducive for drone flying today - by the time lunchtime came it was getting nasty and building up - only good for getting struck by lightning or worse.

Tomorrow I give it another go - maybe visit belle glade marina campground at Torry Island (they still have an operational manually operated swinging bridge —— then sugar barge, then Pahokee, then Canal Point, then the Port Mayaca area .....
Will report back.

I tried to get a lake at sunset shot but it didn't work out well.....still learning. Over the south end of Lake Wellington on a Saturday night. My first time over water. That's my wife driving our boat.
drone lake wellington.jpg

Hey G8torcliff I am not to far away from you - I am a little south and east of you off of Wellington Trace - happy to see another local droner .. nice picture.

I only have 30 mins flying time so far, but the 10 bit definitely seems to make a difference. The colors are very true compared to the only other camera I have at the moment which is a Samsung S8+ smartphone. The 4K video is not as remarkable as I have seen on other probably higher end cameras. I am still a newbie, and at little peeved because we are under a TFR at the moment because POTUS is in town.

If anyone is in the south Boca area and wants to get together and fly sometime, let me know.

Reactions: Peter B
A30FO....I am in the south Boca area off Glades road. Restricted airspace cause of the air Boca Airport. I fly near the SawGrass EXway in Coral Springs and out at the Regional Park at Atlantic Ave. The AMA has a hobby airfield out there for fixed wings, choppers and drones. Interesting to see the large scale jet fixed wings fly out there. I flip back and forth from N. Atlanta....I can fly from almost anywhere up there.

I'm in Boca Pointe on the Hillsboro canal. I've flown at the park off of Atlantic. Didn't enjoy it much as all they "let" you do is hover pretty much. Plus I found some of the guys up there quite obnoxious and they seem to feel superior cause they flew model AC. I felt like telling them big deal, as I flew in the Air Force for 8 years and now in my 29th for a major airline...lol. Anyway, have you flown down by the beach in Delray at all?

Reactions: Peter B
New to the Palm Beach area. Have a vacation home here now and looking forward to some air time. Hope to start flying here soon. How is the Delray Beach area for flying? Any particular places that are good for launch points. I got my Mavic in GA at the beginning of winter and haven't has a lot of air time. The times that I flew in GA, it was easy as everything is pretty rural and I am 40 miles north of ATL, no flight restrictions to deal with. There a just some private fields around and they are tower-less so no real problems. Lots of cows and horse farms make for some good scenery and Lake Lanier has good potential. We are not to far from the Blue Ridge mountains and some interesting areas.

I've never flown on the beach in Delray, but there appears to be a small area that looks like it's clear to fly in.

I'm here for the week of 7/7 to 7/12 and want to get my drone in the air while I'm here. I'm by the Lantana Airport so I know I can't fly here. Is the Boynton Beach Inlet a drone friendly place? Any other places in the Lake Worth area?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e