DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pan: -30° to 30°

basyok

Reactions
I'm watching a video
and I see that you can no longer (I currently have an Air 2) control the gimbal pan by long-press and drag on the screen. Now, I'll be the first to admit that pretty much anything I try using this feature with my MA2, I ruin my video, but I'm wondering, does anyone with a 3 pro miss this functionality?

Then, this led me to compare the specs MA2 vs m3P, and I see that the latter only has a mechanical pan range of -30° to 30° on the gimbal, vs my MA2 with -100° to 100°. Should I care about this lost functionality? (I mostly just ended up seeing the props anytime I went past about ±40°)

Reactions: BundabergM
I've never used it with my Mavic 2 Pro and do not miss it with the Mini 3 Pro as it was pretty much useless with only your finger input anyway.

What I would miss is the gimbal going up to 60 °, what the the Mini 3 Pro can. ;)
Yaw is done by turning the drone itself.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to the +60/80° tilt (controllable/mechanical ranges) as I love taking 360 panos, and sometimes, there's interesting stuff happening in the clouds above that I miss out on with only +24/45° of the MA2

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Oh, and as you pointed out, especially with the props in picture, it is something I normally would avoid.
I suspect this function, better fleshed out, would be ideal to isolate drone from camera movement, for, let's say, inspections etc.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the +60/80° tilt (controllable/mechanical ranges) as I love taking 360 panos, and sometimes, there's interesting stuff happening in the clouds above that I miss out on with only +24/45° of the MA2
Just a quick note, the automatic panorama does not incorporate the larger gimbal movement yet. It stays upwards at about 20 ° as with all the other drones. For now you have to manually shoot it.

Kind of sad, but maybe DJI will change that (50:50 that they will care).

Reactions: basyok
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter