DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PANIC

I have a air 2S. I started the drone to to run the battery down to 60% for storage. The problem is I forgot to take the gimble cover off ,did not run very long
Do you think I hurt anything .
SIGNED WORRIED
oman
The batteries are “smart”. They automatically run themselves down(discharge). You don’t have to do anything.

Do you think I hurt anything .
SIGNED WORRIED
oman
I’ve done that at least a few times and it’s not ideal because it shows me I’m not paying attention - and I haven’t even got the thing in the air yet. But it no longer throws me into the panic it did the first time it happened. I get a message warning me that the gimbal is overloaded, which would make sense as it is unable to go through its self-test procedure when it boots up because the camera’s held in place by the guard.

I think it’s extremely unlikely that DJI haven’t figured out this would be a common mistake. If there was a possibility that the gimbal motors would be damaged by this easy mistake, then within a year or two, just about every DJI drone owner would have a broken aircraft.

More like, the software quickly recognises the gimbal is unable to move, instantly shuts off the procedure and alerts the pilot. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if that is the only reason it goes through that quirky little ballet on start-up in the first place.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy Green