DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pano sphere M2 zoom

DerekJG

Reactions
Hi All, After taking a pano sphere image it it can be seen on playback from the SD card. If I try to save it to (for example dropbox) all I get is a regular single shot jpeg. How do I save the nice planet sphere view?

I had the same problem with my MA, when I tried it some time ago. My only guess was, that the DJI App „understands“ that format automatically.

I think we need some kind of player or conversion first?

What I want to say: I also would like to know, how that works ;)

Reactions: Rookiepilot
There is a parallel thread running.

Still:

Panoramas are usually stored as developed jpg file. Similar to a stretched out globe on a world map.
Your computer needs to be made aware that it needs to interpret these jpg as 360 degree image.

There are a lot of viewers around for that.

VR Media Player by Poppolab is a good one for Android.

The FSPViewer is a good one for PC.

Enjoy.

Franziska

www.das3Dstudio.de

Last edited:
Thanks for that Franziska. I am using a Mac - do you know of any Mac apps I could use. I've tried looking with Google but am not too sure what I am looking for.

I have just discovered that Photoshop will recognise the 3d image but it doesn't allow it to be converted into a sphere image.

Last edited:
Generally you are looking for a Panosphere viewer.

For editing on a Mac you can use Affinity Photo and add an equirectangular layer to see it in "3D Mode". Helps for editing too.
For safety work on a copy of the original file until you know how everything works.

If your editing involves image content modification you should not do it in the flattened out file. Otherwise distorsions happen when you look at it in 3D.

For viewing any VR viewer should do.
Like the Gopro VR viewer for example.
I'm sure there are simpler ones.

Maybe have a look at this too. Not sure if it needs to be so awkward:
The Best Way to Watch 360 Photos on Mac | VRborg.com

Maybe someone using Apple stuff can suggest a simple viewer....

Last edited:
Theta+ for android.... pretty sure they have an IOS app to you can do all kinds of effects ....different animations while spinning in on the sphere

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk