DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Panorama files

millbah

Reactions
I did a pano shot yesterday on my M3 & could see it on the phone when connected to the controller & drone. I since moved the related files to my computer. How can I view the pano on my computer (or phone) from the raw files?

I did a pano shot yesterday on my M3 & could see it on the phone when connected to the controller & drone. I since moved the related files to my computer. How can I view the pano on my computer (or phone) from the raw files?
I can see them when viewed form the chrome browser.

I could be mistaken, but I don't think any Mavic shoots panos in raw, so any pano you shoot will be a .jpg. So if you're like me and don't typically use your jpgs at all and just sort the DNG and MP4 files, you might've missed it amongst the jpgs.

Reactions: Brian I
I could be mistaken, but I don't think any Mavic shoots panos in raw, so any pano you shoot will be a .jpg. So if you're like me and don't typically use your jpgs at all and just sort the DNG and MP4 files, you might've missed it amongst the jpgs.
Boba

I always shoot Panoramas in RAW to get much better high dynamic range for shadows, etc. Please see 8:11 on this video.
The pano generated by the M3 and most every drone is in a jpg format but is nowhere as useful as processing the RAW files. When setting the drone on my RC Pro I hit RAW first, open the Photo button, open the pano button and choose which kind of pano you want.
Dale
Miami

Reactions: Grandpa and EricJT
Problem solved, with my M3 (I think) . DJI stitches the pano files together in-drone, so the completed pano image can be easily viewed via Hp/controller. This pano image is saved with other drone image files on typically the SD card in jpg format.
Alternatively, the individual pano files are saved in a folder (Panorama) and can be stiched together with a computer using something like Agisoft.
That is my understanding of how pano images are handled. Will see if this all works tomorrow.

Problem solved, with my M3 (I think) . DJI stitches the pano files together in-drone, so the completed pano image can be easily viewed via Hp/controller. This pano image is saved with other drone image files on typically the SD card in jpg format.
Alternatively, the individual pano files are saved in a folder (Panorama) and can be stiched together with a computer using something like Agisoft.
That is my understanding of how pano images are handled. Will see if this all works tomorrow.
Depending on how you have the pano capture set, that should be the case. I end up with a set of raw files and a stitched JPEG. The stitched JPEG is useful for visualizing the finished image, even if you're going to edit and stitch from the raws.

I am new to using "PANO" on the Mini 2. I clicked PANO, and then "START" and noticed the drone took a series of photos, while moving the gimbal around.
When I got home, I saw that there were 26 photos in a file called PANORAMA on the SD card, however, I am not clear how those 26 photos can be put together to create the complete panorama shot. In this thread, which I found via a search on the topic, it's said that "DJI stitches the pano files together in-drone", however, I do not see that that has occurred. All I find is 26 separate photos. Any advice for how I can find or create the panorama shot from these?

There should be a file on the SD card which is the combined pano file, made up of the 26 individual files. You can also use the 26 files to create your own pano with 3rd party software

There should be a file on the SD card which is the combined pano file, made up of the 26 individual files. You can also use the 26 files to create your own pano with 3rd party software
There is no file on the SD card with the combined pano file...
The SD card has a "100 MEDIA" file which has my still photos and videos, as well as a html file, which when I open has all the 26 individual photos on it.
Then it has a "PANORAMA" file which has the 26 individual photos. There is also a MISC file which has files on it that I don't know what they are, but none seem to be photo format.

Attachments

• MISC file.jpg
    MISC file.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 5
  • html file.jpg
    html file.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 5
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads