DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Panorama-Miami

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
I'm going out tomorrow to from my next project so I practiced to be sure my update and M2P are all working. There is nothing worse than getting out on a shoot and find that somthins isn't wrong. I do this a lot. I did a full IMU and vision calibration ( a nightmare as usual) so I am making sure all is in order for my expedition tomorrow. This is a three image pano (3 images with 30%overlap) developed in Photoshop>open all 3 images in Bridge>select all>merge to Panorama. Once it was developed, I brought it into Photoshop for fine adjustments.

Attachments

• Panorama-Miami.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 91
I'm going out tomorrow to from my next project so I practiced to be sure my update and M2P are all working. There is nothing worse than getting out on a shoot and find that somthins isn't wrong. I do this a lot. I did a full IMU and vision calibration ( a nightmare as usual) so I am making sure all is in order for my expedition tomorrow. This is a three image pano (3 images with 30%overlap) developed in Photoshop>open all 3 images in Bridge>select all>merge to Panorama. Once it was developed, I brought it into Photoshop for fine adjustments.
Did you reduce the file size for posting? Wondering how it is only 3MB?

Did you reduce the file size for posting? Wondering how it is only 3MB?
Yes I saved as 3mb jpeg ,the lowest it would go from the original DNGs of 15mb

Just checked your site, not bad at all ??

I also just got a chance to view your web site. Geez Dale, you're quite the pro. Great photos! You've had some great trips. Don't you just love how well drone photography fits with photography in general these days. It's such a wonderful new perspective.

I also just got a chance to view your web site. Geez Dale, you're quite the pro. Great photos! You've had some great trips. Don't you just love how well drone photography fits with photography in general these days. It's such a wonderful new perspective.
Thanks Dave. My one regret in life is that I did not have the use of a drone for all of those wonderful and exotic trips. My wife and I have been all over the world. More than 100 countries, and still going! We took our two children to India twice, Galapagos, Amazon, Macchu Pichu, Alaska fishing, etc. All great places to fly.

Can you imagine a top down view of the Taj Mahal, or the Temples in Bagan, Burma? Can you imagine flying over thousands of wildebeests, during the migration! Now, drones are so restrictive, but in those days, wow! Would I have had a ball. The closest I have come is using the drone was in Madagascar. If you have not seen that video, it is worth it. I flew down the famous Avenue of the Baobabs. It is 24:33 minutes, so allow some down time with a nice cold one nearby! On the same trip I did another (I have done 12) African safari. The was was to Zambia.The we flew to Madagascar. But the head of Zambia safari camp would not allow me to use the drone because it "disturbed the animals." Never mind all of their drone footage used for promotional and advertising needs!
Check it out and let me know.

Looks like you and Mrs Dale had a great trip. Great video as usual
Dale, i love the Avenue of the baobab trees....thanks Dale.

Looks like you and Mrs Dale had a great trip. Great video as usual
Dale, i love the Avenue of the baobab trees....thanks Dale.
It was one of the trips of a lifetime, but traveling in Madagascar is very difficult. Not recommended for the novice traveler at all. Bad hotels, plumbing, AC, roads, the whole bit. Food is only passable. The pluses are the lemurs and chamelions. Try to watch the Democratic Republic of the Congo for the gorillas.

Well Dale got sidetracked in your website. Nice stuff.
You've reminded me that I haven't tried a Pano shot so looks like it's off to the manual and good old Youtube for a bit of instruction.
I find your shot really intriguing what with the semi-rural type setting, is that a wetland to the right, and the cities in the background.

Well Dale got sidetracked in your website. Nice stuff.
You've reminded me that I haven't tried a Pano shot so looks like it's off to the manual and good old Youtube for a bit of instruction.
I find your shot really intriguing what with the semi-rural type setting, is that a wetland to the right, and the cities in the background.
Hi SkyWombat:

The panorama is a piece of cake. No need to resort to the manual or You Tube. If you shoot with a DSLR, use the camera vertically. If you shoot with the drone, just shoot in the regular fashion. Take anywhere from 3 to 5 shots, overlapping them 30%. Of course, shoot RAW. (DNG in the case of the drone). Take these 3 to 5 files into Photoshop 2020 or 2021. Open the files in Adobe Camera RAW. (ACR). Select All (CTRL+A). RIGHT CLICK on any file>merge to Panorama. Play around with the adjustments to fill the image screen. . then open inPhotoshop for local adjustments. The whole process takes about a minute or two. Good luck.

Dale
Miami

Hi SkyWombat:

The panorama is a piece of cake. No need to resort to the manual or You Tube. If you shoot with a DSLR, use the camera vertically. If you shoot with the drone, just shoot in the regular fashion. Take anywhere from 3 to 5 shots, overlapping them 30%. Of course, shoot RAW. (DNG in the case of the drone). Take these 3 to 5 files into Photoshop 2020 or 2021. Open the files in Adobe Camera RAW. (ACR). Select All (CTRL+A). RIGHT CLICK on any file>merge to Panorama. Play around with the adjustments to fill the image screen. . then open inPhotoshop for local adjustments. The whole process takes about a minute or two. Good luck.

Dale
Miami
Thanks Dale, I’ll give it a go.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan