DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Panorama sharing

bvsolutions

Reactions
The new panorama feature works well
I particularly like the interactive effect of the 360 view
Does anyone know how to get the file on the DJI go app to save to your device so it can be shared (emailed) without loosing the interactivity?

Reactions: OzoneVibe
i can't see how to get into Panorama mode after updating. Can you enlighten?

Thank You. Weird though, I don't have the option after updating the firmware and DJI app. Is the setting only visible once you are flying? I am just sitting inside with the bird on my coffee table. Thought the option would be there, but maybe I'm wrong.
Thanks

Works for me sat at home.
Everything rebooted since updates?

Edit: The options are available ... obviously it has to be flying to move about for sphere panoramas, etc.

Right. Okay thanks. Upgraded to latest firmware, upgraded DJI app, rebooted etc., and even just took it out back for quick flight and it's not there. Must be missing something. Thanks for your help

@bvsolutions ~ I've been playing with 360 panos for a while, using Litchi. To share online you need to find websites that support the viewing of 360 panos. You can't just email it to someone, without giving them a way to decode and view it. Facebook does it natively, as long as the metadata embedded in the the image is correct. I'm not on FB. My favorite so far is 360cities.net. They share and license 360s with Google maps, but only if you upload a full 360x180, which the Mavic cannot shoot, as its camera can only tilt 30° above the horizon. Their 360 viewer is the best out of the many sites I've tried. Another good site is momento360.com. Their viewer is not as good as 360cities.net, but it works nicely. Once you upload and publish your image, you just share the link to that page with others ~ like this: Banner Mountain Lookout Tower, Nevada City, CA [v4.0]

I've been working on a method for capturing the full sky along with the rest of the pano - see here: Figured out how to get perfect 360°x180° panorama using Mavic Pro!... I just ordered a 220° 360 camera that I will be mounting on top of the Mavic to capture the entire scene.

Okay, so 2nd reboot did the trick, and just went and did a test shot, Linked is what it looked like after it got stitched together. Any ideas on what went wrong? Crazy.

Last edited:
Okay, so 2nd reboot did the trick, and just went and did a test shot, Linked is what it looked like after it got stitched together. Any ideas on what went wrong? Crazy.

Uh, never mind. Clearly I was in Sphere Mode. Didn't realize Pano mode had 3 different options....

I have attempted to upload panos to Facebook 3 times. Shot on mavic. I used dji go 4 app. Never received an error. It just didn’t upload. I am not interested in any other alternatives right now. I just want to shoot the pano, stitch it and post to Facebook. I don’t have time to consider other options. Is the updated dji 4 app with updated firmware supposed to allow this or not? Any help appreciated.

I have attempted to upload panos to Facebook 3 times. Shot on mavic. I used dji go 4 app. Never received an error. It just didn’t upload. I am not interested in any other alternatives right now. I just want to shoot the pano, stitch it and post to Facebook. I don’t have time to consider other options. Is the updated dji 4 app with updated firmware supposed to allow this or not? Any help appreciated.

Facebook stinks for 360's. For one, it compresses them too much, and the quality of your picture sucks. And the other problem is that sometimes it don't recognize that it's a pano.

I use this site to host my 360's, then link to Facebook. www.momento360.com
It's in the Beta stage, so for now it's free. I have posted a bunch of 360's on there and it's great. And if you have issues or questions, they are amazing at answering your emails. Give it a try.

Be sure and edit your pics before loading, make sure they are exactly twice as wide as they are tall. I go into Photoshop and edit the canvas size to make sure it's 2:1. Just look at the pixels for the width, and make the height exactly half that by adding some blank space at the top of the pic. Here is one of my examples.

McPheeDam1Edited

Last edited:
Facebook stinks for 360's. For one, it compresses them too much, and the quality of your picture sucks. And the other problem is that sometimes it don't recognize that it's a pano.

I use this site to host my 360's, then link to Facebook. www.momento360.com
It's in the Beta stage, so for now it's free. I have posted a bunch of 360's on there and it's great. And if you have issues or questions, they are amazing at answering your emails. Give it a try.

Be sure and edit your pics before loading, make sure they are exactly twice as wide as they are tall. I go into Photoshop and edit the canvas size to make sure it's 2:1. Just look at the pixels for the width, and make the height exactly half that by adding some blank space at the top of the pic. Here is one of my examples.

McPheeDam1Edited
Another really good one is 360cities.net ~ Stock 360 Panoramic Images and Videos for VR and more - 360Cities

Last edited:
Sorry for hijacking your thread, but how do I view pano images?

I thought they were auto stitched on the sd card. I can off course pull them into PS, but I would like an option to just pull them directly from the app and into social media/camera roll

Sorry for hijacking your thread, but how do I view pano images?

I thought they were auto stitched on the sd card. I can off course pull them into PS, but I would like an option to just pull them directly from the app and into social media/camera roll

Just use the play button in the dji go 4 app to view your latest images and videos. From there you can select which ones you want to save to your camera roll for sharing. Keep in mind that the resolution will be lower. If you want the full res pictures and videos you have to download them from the sd card.

Just use the play button in the dji go 4 app to view your latest images and videos. From there you can select which ones you want to save to your camera roll for sharing. Keep in mind that the resolution will be lower. If you want the full res pictures and videos you have to download them from the sd card.

I was able to stitch the image successfully and was able to view the stitched photowhile on DJI GO4 Editor album. However, once I uploaded the files to my Laptop, it's not in Jpeg, therefore not viewqable?
How then can we appreciate it in our laptop and for sharing/emailing?

Thank you in advance and I hope ths would also be of concern for Dronerati.

I was able to stitch the image successfully and was able to view the stitched photowhile on DJI GO4 Editor album. However, once I uploaded the files to my Laptop, it's not in Jpeg, therefore not viewqable?
How then can we appreciate it in our laptop and for sharing/emailing?

Thank you in advance and I hope ths would also be of concern for Dronerati.
You could download the stitched pano to your camera roll in jpeg low resolution or on your laptop you can download the pictures taken for the pano ( in the panorama folder on the spark as card) and stitch them together with the program of your choice. Microsoft ice for example is free and does the job well. Or you can use Dji media maker app that you can find on the Osmo download page DJI Osmo - Specifications, FAQ, videos tutorials, manuals, DJI GO - DJI
Hope that helps.

My Xmas PANO
06f61c24aced673ff8d97c7e14d9dac4.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman