DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Parallel Charger

I had one for my Mini 2. PITA. Waste of money. An octopus of unmanageable wires.

Way better investment is a fast (30W) charger and the big batteries. On a recent road trip I could shoot twenty minutes, plug the drone into the charger, drive half an hour and the battery was fully charged again.

I had one for my Mini 2. PITA. Waste of money. An octopus of unmanageable wires.

Way better investment is a fast (30W) charger and the big batteries. On a recent road trip I could shoot twenty minutes, plug the drone into the charger, drive half an hour and the battery was fully charged again.

To each his own, but it's literally just a couple of cables. Your use case is probably different than mine, I want to charge batteries in parallel with a single charger. This also has a discharge function which I would like.

Reactions: a2tomm and ssvdh66
@microlinux ,strange if i click on the link in your post it takes me to a charger for a Mini 2, not a Mini 3 ,i was not aware that there is a parallel charger out yet for mini 3 batteries,but i could be wrong

@microlinux ,strange if i click on the link in your post it takes me to a charger for a Mini 2, not a Mini 3 ,i was not aware that there is a parallel charger out yet for mini 3 batteries,but i could be wrong

Weird, it shows up for me as a Mini 3 charger - first time I've seen one too. Maybe it's not available from Amazon in the UK and they redirect to a different product. I found a vendor on Ali Express that looks to be selling the same thing.

m3p_charger.png

@microlinux ,thanks for the heads up ,i will go on amazon and see if it shows it here ,

@microlinux ,just had a look it is marketed under a different name on the UK site (Lyongtech),identical apart from the name

Reactions: microlinux
I'm seeing a Mini 3 charger as well.

@microlinux I'm pretty sure that the Anbee parallel hub would work, but it might also be so that it can turn into a mess of wires. But perhaps there is an alternative. Do you have a DJI hub already? Either way, perhaps you might consider buying one of the STARTRC charging hubs. With the 20% off coupon it costs $32USD. If you have 3 batteries you could put one in one hub, one in another and charge the third in the drone, assuming you have sufficent wall chargers to do the job. The STARTRC charger must be brand new as it only has 1 review, but with free returns it's worth the risk IMO.

The beauty of having parallel charging with any means is that you can keep your batteries partially discharged in storage and only need an hour to 90 minutes to get them all charged up.

Also someone mentioned getting the "plus" (extended) batteries? I bought the Flymore PLUS kit with two extended batteries and can tell you that having that extra juice is absolutely wonderful. No more sweating if I'm going to have enough battery power to shoot that one extra thing without bringing it in for a battery change! It's rare that I even got to a second battery on most outings. In my case, with 2 extended batteries I only need one hub and the drone for charging. One extended battery in the hub, one in the drone. If time isn't an issue I can put all three in the hub, or do two and one.

1666221531748.png

I'm seeing a Mini 3 charger as well.

@microlinux I'm pretty sure that the Anbee parallel hub would work, but it might also be so that it can turn into a mess of wires. But perhaps there is an alternative. Do you have a DJI hub already? Either way, perhaps you might consider buying one of the STARTRC charging hubs. With the 20% off coupon it costs $32USD. If you have 3 batteries you could put one in one hub, one in another and charge the third in the drone, assuming you have sufficent wall chargers to do the job. The STARTRC charger must be brand new as it only has 1 review, but with free returns it's worth the risk IMO.

The beauty of having parallel charging with any means is that you can keep your batteries partially discharged in storage and only need an hour to 90 minutes to get them all charged up.

Also someone mentioned getting the "plus" (extended) batteries? I bought the Flymore PLUS kit with two extended batteries and can tell you that having that extra juice is absolutely wonderful. No more sweating if I'm going to have enough battery power to shoot that one extra thing without bringing it in for a battery change! It's rare that I even got to a second battery on most outings. In my case, with 2 extended batteries I only need one hub and the drone for charging. One extended battery in the hub, one in the drone. If time isn't an issue I can put all three in the hub, or do two and one.

View attachment 156042
That's exactly my experience, vindibona1. The long range batteries are a blessing in so many unexpected ways.

Reactions: vindibona1
I noticed this parallel charger on Amazon:

Anbee Mini 3 Pro Drone Battery Charger

Anyone tried one of these yet?
I use a parallel charger for my Mavic 3 and really like it. I have 5 batteries and if I’m shootings all day for a client a parallel charger is the only way to keep up. The output for my controller is not as fast as the battery charging outputs. When my contoller begins getting down, I connect a power bank that I can keep in my pocket to maintain my controller. The price is very cheap on Amazon. Don’t think you can go wrong.

Thanks for the suggestions. I do understand all of this, but I specifically desire the functionality of this charger.
I agree if functionality is your priority. I have a Hanatora parallel charger for my Mavic 2 and it is a blessing. It can charge 4 batteries simultaneously, but after you hook up 2 batteries that charge at "full fast", the 3rd and 4th batter make it slow down, distributing the same amount of power that it was charging 2 batteries at over 3 or 4 batteries. As I have the DJI charging hub for the Mavic 2 as well, I usually charge 2 in the Hanatora and one in the DJI hub, similar to what I suggested for the Mini 3. The thing with the DJI chargers and hubs, in spite of serial charging, is that they travel well.

If the wires don't bother you, then I'd say the Anbee is something you should have.

Reactions: Opi
I bought one of these after seeing it in the thread, seems to work really well.
The 'charge count' seems a bit hit and miss, sometimes it seems accurate and sometimes it says 599 or something, but the batteries charged okay and all simultaneously.

I noticed this parallel charger on Amazon:

Anbee Mini 3 Pro Drone Battery Charger

Anyone tried one of these yet?
Just so you know that is marketed by several retailers, but it is actually made by Yx brand and is a long known and trusted parallel charger, I have one for all my DJI and have never had a issue in almost 6 years.

This is what they looked like "back in the day" when they first sold. Yes that is a metal body! I just saw that they remarketed to new style you showed...I just bought a Mavic 2 version with the plastic case and display, as "we" didn't have the storage charge option.

Attachments

• Yx.jpg
    Yx.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Thanks for posting this. Exactly what I was waiting for. It lists that it features a discharge storage mode, but in the details, it does not actually say that it will discharge fully charged batteries. Discharging fully charged batteries would be desirable for those times when your plans change because of the weather. If anyone purchases one, please let us know if it will discharge fully charged batteries.
  • 【Discharging Storage Mode】Charging batteries to about 60% capacity, ready for long-term storage, Prevent damage to the batteries due to full power or low capacity.

8.5V x 2A = 17W.
Aren't the normal chargers speed 30W?

It will charge simultaneously but 2 times slower?

Tks for the post and the additional info of the various brands, I was able to find one in Aliexpress, which works better for my country.

I have a similar one for a mavic 2 and it is just awesome to change them in parallel.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661