DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Parks Ordinance ?

Forgive me, but I'm under the impression that local entities don't have a say in the airspace above them...the FAA does. Is that incorrect

Forgive me, but I'm under the impression that local entities don't have a say in the airspace above them...the FAA does. Is that incorrect
Just like private property, you may NOT take off/land from private/posted property without landowner permission, but you certainly may over fly!

A lot of cities are doing it anyway guessing that most people will pay a fine rather than fight an obviously illegal ordinance.

as much as i would love to fly places, its called respect they have a reason for it just find another place to fly. whether its flying swimming biking or other activity you cant do it even as much as you dont like it( there are many restrictions i dont like) but i still follow
Problem is that many people like to pretend there are rules that don't exist. For example, my local county has a section in their Parks and Recreation FAQ that says "Drones are prohibited in all county parks". But there is no such rule in the books. I even asked a park ranger to find me the rule corresponding to this FAQ and he said there is no such rule. Whoever wrote the FAQ just made it up on their own, and that's not how it works. If we just let them get away with that kind of stuff, we'll have no place left to fly.

Reactions: thispilothere
Problem is that many people like to pretend there are rules that don't exist. For example, my local county has a section in their Parks and Recreation FAQ that says "Drones are prohibited in all county parks". But there is no such rule in the books. I even asked a park ranger to find me the rule corresponding to this FAQ and he said there is no such rule. Whoever wrote the FAQ just made it up on their own, and that's not how it works. If we just let them get away with that kind of stuff, we'll have no place left to fly.
i agree with that, it does not hurt to ask

It is my understanding that you can fly your drone in Allegheny Parks, anywhere (where it is safe to fly). I was told by the County yesterday that you do not need to fly in one of the fields. This includes South Park. Of course, you must follow FAA guidelines.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661