DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Part 107 Application and Government Shutdown

I am a very new pilot actually have not ever put one in the air and need to register with the FAA but at sometime would like to use it in my business do I register as a "hobbyist" and then I believe I have to complete Part 107 if I am using for business correct. Do I then re-register, not sure how this works.

Reactions: Inspirephil
I am a very new pilot actually have not ever put one in the air and need to register with the FAA but at sometime would like to use it in my business do I register as a "hobbyist" and then I believe I have to complete Part 107 if I am using for business correct. Do I then re-register, not sure how this works.

I did 107 first (still waiting for permit), but recently registered for 336 too - its only &5 and lets you fly (with anti-collision strobes) later than 107. Otherwise, no difference.

Yes, that is correct. Register yourself under 336 for recreational flight. When you get your 107 certification you will register your aircraft (the ones used commercially) under 107 and get a unique ID number for each one.

I keep checking but I guess the individuals who enter the data got furloughed. Kind of anti-climactic after passing the test. Oh well sit back and wait.

Reactions: HVYMTL
This is the notice currently on the CATS website that I am planing to take the test at. So your assumption is spot on.
IMPORTANT NOTICE
Valued PSI Customer, we have been authorized to resume FAA Airman Knowledge Testing. However, please be advised that processing of results will be delayed until the FAA resumes normal operations.
Thank you for your understanding.

I passed the test on the 19th November 2018, and submitted my application on 21 November 2018, and I am still waiting...."GOD Bless America"

I hope when I get my certificate they push back the expiration date to 2 years after the application gets completed. (not 2 years after passing the exam)
I am or is hoping for the same

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky