DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Part 107: Max altitude is 0 AGL due to 1/2 mile from class D airport, can i fly below a 65ft obstruction 250ft to my south without a wavier?

LAANC grid values are absolute, and cannot be added to the height of any structures. If you got cleared for 100ft, you cannot go above 100ft.

Reactions: LoudThunder
I agree that you have a DJI problem not an FAA problem. You can try writing to DJI to see if they will give you a longer term unlock like before. Just tell them you are a part 107 pilot and you fly often in this area and would need a longer term unlock because the process to do it every time is burdensome
Nice call, Brett, this actually worked. I got an unlock for 1 year (apparently the longest they give, but they said it’s renewable). Now if I want to fly, a quick trip to my “AirControl” (formerly Aloft) app for LAANC and I’m good to go! Much better than going to DJI for an unlock every time I want to fly, especially if it’s spur of the moment.

Nice call, Brett, this actually worked. I got an unlock for 1 year (apparently the longest they give, but they said it’s renewable). Now if I want to fly, a quick trip to my “AirControl” (formerly Aloft) app for LAANC and I’m good to go! Much better than going to DJI for an unlock every time I want to fly, especially if it’s spur of the moment.
Is your unlock for a certain area or a blanket unlock?

I asked them to give me my community, which matched my old COA. They gave me an area sort of centered on the community but considerably larger, though nowhere near as large as the Class D space.

1678140498338.jpeg
The area highlighted in red was my former COA but the unlock back then had few limits, including no altitude limit. I easily exceeded 400 feet (next to a tower) outside the Class D space, so the original unlock was pretty broad. I’ll have to go outside my “circle” and see if the drone will even start up.

Reactions: brett8883

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett