DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Part 107 & Mini

xunhui

Reactions
Can a Mini be used to take photos and videos for your business without a Part 107 license? I have a MA2 and I know that I would need my part 107 to use it for my business. But with a Mini being under 250 grams will a Part 107 still be required for business use?

Question is for someone else so be gentle with me. ???

Reactions: BigAl07
Can a Mini be used to take photos and videos for your business without a Part 107 license? I have a MA2 and I know that I would need my part 107 to use it for my business. But with a Mini being under 250 grams will a Part 107 still be required for business use?

Question is for someone else so be gentle with me. ???
No. There’s no minimum weight for part 107 operations. It’s just as illegal with the mini as it is with the MA2 or any other drone for that matter.

It's been answered, but:

Can a Mini be used to take photos and videos for your business without a Part 107 license?
No. Any commercial use requires 107.
I have a MA2 and I know that I would need my part 107 to use it for my business.
Correct.
But with a Mini being under 250 grams will a Part 107 still be required for business use?
Nothing to do with it. All aircraft used for business must have their own, separate registration and 107 is required.

If you use the Mini for commercial purposes it will require to be registered and you must have a Part 107 license

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic