DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Part 107 Recurrent Testing Fee

TheAmazingKnight

Reactions
I am new to the forum and I just got my Mavic 2 Pro when it was first released and has been practicing flying it in beginner mode. Since that time, I’ve been also practicing the study guide test using the app and Tony Northup’s YouTube Videos, which were excellent sources for me as a beginner and understood the regulations well. I feel like I’ll be ready for the FAA Part 107 Test soon.

I have plans to do so much more with my drone recreationally, filming aerial cinematography of travel, landscapes, cities, buildings, etc. I understand commercial work if I was getting paid or to do business with my drone then I would definitely need a Part 107 license.

It would be nice to just having to pay once and maybe even a lesser to no fee at all after the first time you passed.

I acknowledge in order to take the test, that it’s $150 fee. Once, I pass, I’ll receive a valid drone license for up to 2 years according to FAA site. Now at this point, when the drone license expires, in order to renew the drone license, do I need to pay $150 fee every time I take the recurrent test every 2 years?

Reactions: Inspirephil
I am new to the forum and I just got my Mavic 2 Pro when it was first released and has been practicing flying it in beginner mode. Since that time, I’ve been also practicing the study guide test using the app and Tony Northup’s YouTube Videos, which were excellent sources for me as a beginner and understood the regulations well. I feel like I’ll be ready for the FAA Part 107 Test soon.

I have plans to do so much more with my drone recreationally, filming aerial cinematography of travel, landscapes, cities, buildings, etc. I understand commercial work if I was getting paid or to do business with my drone then I would definitely need a Part 107 license.

It would be nice to just having to pay once and maybe even a lesser to no fee at all after the first time you passed.

I acknowledge in order to take the test, that it’s $150 fee. Once, I pass, I’ll receive a valid drone license for up to 2 years according to FAA site. Now at this point, when the drone license expires, in order to renew the drone license, do I need to pay $150 fee every time I take the recurrent test every 2 years?

Yes.

Reactions: dawgpilot

$120 is the fee for the Part 107 recurrent test.

I was wondering the same thing. Everywhere I've looked says $150. I'm about to find out I guess - my retest is due next month.
FAA website. And either Google it or look at Inspire Pilots forum. Also it’s on YouTube.
And when I called to schedule mine that’s what they told me.

FAA website. And either Google it or look at Inspire Pilots forum. Also it’s on YouTube.
And when I called to schedule mine that’s what they told me.

I cannot find a single web page or document on the FAA website or anywhere else that states a fee of $120. Do you have an actual link or reference?

Reactions: dawgpilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zack400