DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Part 107 regestration but not licensed yet

ArmyDrone

Reactions
I'm part of that whole crew of fiasco that got confused when dealing with recreational registration and part 107 registration. I accidentally registered for recreational when I have the intentions of making this a business. I canceled the previous registration for recreational and created apart 107. Up until the meantime I get my part 107 license. Am I legal to fly For recreational use when I have all certificates needed, what I'm worried is that my aircraft will be broadcasting. It's identification, and for them to assume that it is being used for part 107

Even as a part 107 pilot or a soon-to-be part 107, anyone is free to fly recreational flights as long as you are properly registered (if required) on the FAA portal as well as your drone. If you are "cancelled" as you mentioned, then you cannot fly recreational but just so you aware, it's ok to have a recreational registration at the same time as a part 107 registration.

When you get your part 107, you are free to fly under either part 107 as a commercial pilot or fly under recreational if you intend to fly for fun. Don't worry about what your drone is "broadcasting" since that's not really a thing when it comes to "assuming what you are doing with your drone." All you need to worry about is if you are properly registered and everything will take care of itself. HTH

Reactions: Cafguy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
murad