DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PART 107 STUDYING

I would say no. Each exam contains randomly selected questions from their question bank with a certain minimum number of questions from various topics. I didn’t have any questions related to that on mine. And I‘ve never heard of anyone else having any questions on the subject either. If you happen to get one, it will likely only be one.

Reactions: dsrtrdr7
Well, part of the process was promising not to talk about what was on the test, but I feel perfectly comfortable saying that I never saw a hint of weight and balance calculations on any of the study references I used.

It's part of the Airman Certification Standards for Remote Pilots, so you could certainly be asked questions from this area.

Knowledge The applicant demonstrates understanding of:
UA.IV.A.K1 General loading and performance, including:
UA.IV.A.K1a a. Effects of loading changes
UA.IV.A.K1b b. Balance, stability, and center of gravity
UA.IV.A.K2 Importance and use of performance data to calculate the effect on the aircraft’s performance of an sUAS.

Reactions: MTO
Can anyone tell me if "COMPUTING WEIGHT AND BALANCE" is an important part of the Part 107 exam?
Joe:

I took and passed my part 107 last April. Yes, they asked one question regarding moving a "load" away from the center of gravity. Many questions were asked about airspace... so study that A LOT!

Good Luck,

Joe

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190