DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Part 107 training class. Which ones are good, fair priced?

nealix

Reactions
Has anyone found a list or post that reviews or rates some of the Part 107 training classes?
I am sort of leaning toward taking one soon, but have no idea how to choose a decent one,
or find a fair price?

Thanks,

Neal

Reactions: marnat3
I used remotepilot101 ( FAA Part 107 Test, FAA Part 107 Study Guide, Part 107 Practice Test ) with great results..use code "HERON18" for 30% off...not sure how long that last for. I am not affiliated with them, just got it off Ken Herons YouTube Channel/Vlogs. Link to owner of site (Jason Schappert) on Ken's channel recently. Fast forward to 49:45

Last edited:
I use and highly recommend Gold Seal UAV Ground School. Here's why:

• They teach you the Subject Matter as opposed to learning how to pass a test.
  • They are FAA Flight Instructors who understand FAA Testing and teach you as a PILOT
  • They are a Approved Vendor here on the forum. They pay so we have this resource for FREE.
  • They offer a Pass or we Pay guarantee.
  • It's a LIFETIME membership.
  • They update their program ASAP when the Rules & Regulations change so you are always up to date.

• They are FAA Flight Instructors who understand FAA Testing and teach you as a PILOT
  • They are a Approved Vendor here on the forum. They pay so we have this resource for FREE.
  • They update their program ASAP when the Rules & Regulations change so you are always up to date.
Is there a discount code or promotion as far as being part of this forum?

Not picking one over the other or starting anything there Big Al, but you say:
But they explicitly say on their site: "Exam preparation is all we do and we do it exceedingly well" :oops:

All in I think they all are running the same credentials and guarantees, less of course Vendor of this site...which is a big deal of course. Guess it's up to the OP to figure it all out as we did and pick what is best for him :)

Reactions: BigAl07
Not picking one over the other or starting anything there Big Al, but you say:
But they explicitly say on their site: "Exam preparation is all we do and we do it exceedingly well" :oops:

All in I think they all are running the same credentials and guarantees, less of course Vendor of this site...which is a big deal of course. Guess it's up to the OP to figure it all out as we did and pick what is best for him :)
Exactly how would you word it? Teaching you the Subject Matter is exam preparation.

The reason I take such a strong stance is because just about every single day we see people who just passed their tests from the other schools etc who have ZERO comprehension on what they learned, why they learned them, and worse how to APPLY it. They learned how to pass the test and nothing more which is more dangerous than not even learning.

Reactions: Mavikhan
Reactions: Mavikhan
Exactly how would you word it? Teaching you the Subject Matter is exam preparation.

The reason I take such a strong stance is because just about every single day we see people who just passed their tests from the other schools etc who have ZERO comprehension on what they learned, why they learned them, and worse how to APPLY it. They learned how to pass the test and nothing more which is more dangerous than not even learning.
I agree sir, I just wanted to point out how they were saying it. But I guess for some, passing the test is all they care about...and in my world travels and in this day and age...seems about par for the course (no pun intended) I think that all falls on the student more so than the instruction in most cases... have a good evening. :)

I agree sir, I just wanted to point out how they were saying it. But I guess for some, passing the test is all they care about...and in my world travels and in this day and age...seems about par for the course (no pun intended) I think that all falls on the student more so than the instruction in most cases... have a good evening. :)

I whole heartedly agree. Short Cuts are the new expectation in society.

Having taken the Pilot Institute’s “Deep Dive on the MA2“ I went with their Part 107 program. Like others have said about other schools they do NOT teach the test! Greg, an FAA Certified Flight Instructor, GA pilot and UAS Pilot, teaches the material! And it’s a good thing because when I took the test the majority of the questions were based on “analyzing the question” and applying the course knowledge to determine the answer! They too offer a “guaranteed pass or they pay”, lifetime access to the course and continuous updates to course material. I caught a “Holiday 50% off” offer when I signed up for the course. They also have a FaceBook based “Study Hall” for students where questions/comments on the course and course material are shared. I’m just a newbie but I scored a 98 on the test based on Greg’s instruction And busting my butt studying! I highly recommend them!

Having taken the Pilot Institute’s “Deep Dive on the MA2“ I went with their Part 107 program. Like others have said about other schools they do NOT teach the test! Greg, an FAA Certified Flight Instructor, GA pilot and UAS Pilot, teaches the material! And it’s a good thing because when I took the test the majority of the questions were based on “analyzing the question” and applying the course knowledge to determine the answer! They too offer a “guaranteed pass or they pay”, lifetime access to the course and continuous updates to course material. I caught a “Holiday 50% off” offer when I signed up for the course. They also have a FaceBook based “Study Hall” for students where questions/comments on the course and course material are shared. I’m just a newbie but I scored a 98 on the test based on Greg’s instruction And busting my butt studying! I highly recommend them!
I concur. While I paid for another vendor's course, it was "teach to the test" and not at all as in-depth. You gain a lot of peripheral knowledge with the PI course and Greg is an excellent teacher. You can tell he really wants you to succeed. And if you get a 90+ on the test you get a free tshirt. LOL.

Reactions: B52-D

I concur with gold seal. They really do go above and beyond just getting you to pass the test. I found many of their extras quite helpful.
They also include the recurrent test and a special module for a night flight Certification.

Pilotinstitute.com. Excellent course. If you fail the initial FAA exam, they will reimburse the exam fee + pay for your retest fee. You have access to the course for life. They have a preview of the course, and they offer several free courses. Greg R is an excellent instructor.

Reactions: B52-D
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead