DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Part 107

T_brown1986

Reactions
I'm in alabama, I want to study for on my own and take the part 107 .. what do I need to do? Thanks in advance!

I'm in alabama, I want to study for on my own and take the part 107 .. what do I need to do? Thanks in advance!
1. Watch the Tony Northrup Part 107 video on YouTube at least twice, and learn the fact sheet which he has posted a link to.
2. Download and learn the FAA study guide (about 90 pages of info, this will take a while to absorb). Also read the actual CFR Part 107 text which explains the actual regs regarding 107 certification.
3. Take the free 3dr practice test and understand why the answers are correct (perhaps also take this test FIRST, so you are more aware of the subject matter of questions before you study).
4. Search YouTube for questions that people have found to be difficult, many relate to interpretation of aeronautical charts and airspace, and also effects of weather. There are also many free snippets from some of the on line courses that are useful.

1. Watch the Tony Northrup Part 107 video on YouTube at least twice, and learn the fact sheet which he has posted a link to.
2. Download and learn the FAA study guide (about 90 pages of info, this will take a while to absorb). Also read the actual CFR Part 107 text which explains the actual regs regarding 107 certification.
3. Take the free 3dr practice test and understand why the answers are correct (perhaps also take this test FIRST, so you are more aware of the subject matter of questions before you study).
4. Search YouTube for questions that people have found to be difficult, many relate to interpretation of aeronautical charts and airspace, and also effects of weather. There are also many free snippets from some of the on line courses that are useful.
Thank you!

You can find a list of commonly used FAA Part 107 study resources here.

I just took my test a few days ago and passed with a 90%. And I think two of the 6 questions I missed were stupid mistakes, not lack of knowledge. I started studying by watching the Tony Northrop videos a couple times and then I also bought the "Remote Pilot Test Prep, 2018" from amazon. I would highly recommend this book which includes the identical version of the test reference book that you'll use for the official test. This study guide also includes a code that gives you access to 5 practice tests, which I would go through at least once. So between Northrops video and this study guide, you can easily pass this test. Certainly no need to take an online course for hundreds of dollars.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS