DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Parts question: Gimbal cables

D_Snow

Reactions
I have a DJI Mini SE.

The gimbal became detached & completely ripped the ribbon cable & yanked most of the video cable wires out of the motherboard side.

After searching for replacement cables (and not finding any), I thought it might be time to ask in a forum. (Yes, I searched; no, I didn't see anything pertinent or I wouldn't be asking).

The likes of these might do, note might.
but be warned I have replaced a torn ribbon cable in a crashed Mavic Mini and it did not fix the problem (no yaw and a gimbal stuck warning) BUT I do not know if the cable I used was "good", it was second hand. I haven't yet tried any other cables not have I tested the gimbal assembly in a working drone, that may be my next experiment.
The circuit boards in the actual gimbal that these cables connect to seem to be built in to the gimbal and soldered to their respective motor wiring. As far as I can see the ribbon cable feeds the yaw motor and the stranded cable, aside from connection to the camera, feeds the pitch and roll motors.
Good luck

Hey D_Snow! This is an old thread, but I happened to have the same kind of crash as you did (the gimbal got detached and tore the flat ribbon cable). Did you find any replacement cables? The links that "Deleted member" posted are not working anymore.

I'm _this_ close to sending the drone to DJI service :)

Hey D_Snow! This is an old thread, but I happened to have the same kind of crash as you did (the gimbal got detached and tore the flat ribbon cable). Did you find any replacement cables? The links that "Deleted member" posted are not working anymore.

I'm _this_ close to sending the drone to DJI service :)
Had the flat ribbon cable tear on my mini 2 as well after a run in with a tree. Seems like a fairly common problem when the gimbal gets detached. I think if the ribbon cable hadn't tore I could have reattached the gimbal and everything would have been fine. Seems like a simple design change could prevent that from happening. Maybe a tether on the gimbal fork that was shorter than any of the connecting cables would suffice.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121