DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Passed the Audition

TheRock

Reactions
I just returned from Triton Bay in West Papua Indonesia and I must say the little Mavic Mini passed it's audition well. All the aerials here were taken with the Mini. One had to be careful in the wind and it goes a bit wild in P mode I thought, but in C mode it handled well and took some very nice shots. Carried it, batteries, charger, iPad mini and controller in a small Pelican case so could even take it out on the dive boats. Very compact and handy. Enjoy :

Triton Bay Odyssey

Last edited:
Thx a lot for sharing !!

Super nice footage. I enjoyed the whole 20 mins.
We will most probably also fly to Indonesia this summer.

Pls let us know: underwater footage was shot with ??

Btw: good and relaxed diving skills

Excellent flying and really nice photography! Super interesting.

Reactions: TheRock
Thx a lot for sharing !!

Super nice footage. I enjoyed the whole 20 mins.
We will most probably also fly to Indonesia this summer.

Pls let us know: underwater footage was shot with ??

Btw: good and relaxed diving skills
Thanks Martin... the video is GH4 and the 360 is with a Insta 360x and there's a couple GoPro 7 shots in there too. Underwater is pretty much all GH4 and OrcaTorch lights. I was in an area that never showed a NFZ, so that was great. Also, not too windy most of the time. That little bird worked quite well but I was pretty conservative with it due to the lack of warning sensors. All-in-all very happy with the stills and videos. Did some panos too and stitched them in PTGui and they came out well.
Have fun in Indo. The diver you see a lot is Simon Pridmore, author of Scuba Confidential. His skills are excellent, yes.

Excellent video. Thanks for sharing. This is the primary reason I bought the mine. We do a couple of dive trips a year and this will be an excellent companion for aerials. Nice editing as well.

Reactions: TheRock
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmgde