DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Penalty for Not Registering Your Drone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course .. that's the way the government works with every other compulsory registration system.
Like the way every dog owner had to hand in their dog or car owners now without their cars.

The problem with that reasoning is you haven't come up with a likely reason for the government to decide that everyone should hand in their drones.
And you would have trouble with that because there is none.
Really .. you sound like you believe you live somewhere like North Korea rather than the land of the free.

Hmmm, so you can also have my drone when you pry it from my cold dead fingers too? :D

today there is no reason for the government to tell everyone to hand in their drones. i would like to put into place a system that will prevent them from compelling everyone to turn in their drones in the future.
let me know when you want to hear my top 5 reasons that might trigger confiscation sometime in the future.
I don't think drone registration achieves much at all but the FAA $5 for three years is pretty harmless.
I just can't imagine why the government would ever want to confiscate drones
i can agree to an faa rule that says "the government is prohibited from issuing a confiscation order to individuals within the drone registration database...." since flying a drone is not a right, i guess i can live with that.
I'd imagine that having a drone isn't much different from owning a bat and ball or a frisbee, a camera, a car or a computer.
Ownership of those isn't protected by legislation but no-one is fearing the government will take theirs away.
I just can't see any reason to think it wouldn't be the same with drones.

today there is no reason for the government to tell everyone to hand in their drones. i would like to put into place a system that will prevent them from compelling everyone to turn in their drones in the future. if you think it won't ever happen, then you have no problem joining with me to squash any process in place today that will enable confiscation. history is full of examples of how registration = confiscation; will you join me in pushing back on the registration process? unless you can think of another important reason why we need registration, it has got to go; mainly because it will only work against the honest, law-abiding citizen. nothing about registration help you and i, we get nothing from it. only possible future grief.

i can agree to an faa rule that says "the government is prohibited from issuing a confiscation order to individuals within the drone registration database...." since flying a drone is not a right, i guess i can live with that.

let me know when you want to hear my top 5 reasons that might trigger confiscation sometime in the future.

You know what will never happen?... you organizing a rally or petition or whatever you think you can do to "push back". What's your plan... tell us and and maybe we will back you.
As far as your "top 5 reasons that"might trigger confiscation sometime in the future in the far away galaxy of delusion" I just can't wait to hear them.

the sole and only useful purpose of the drone registration process is to ensure a swift and complete confiscation effort when the time comes.

when the government get tired of non-commercial drones, they will order everyone on record to either turn in a drone or a full account of the whereabouts of the drone. failure to do either to their satisfaction will lead to a warrant for your arrest and/or felony charges.

I heard hanging by the neck until dead is also a possibility.

• Haha
Reactions: The Rolling Drones
Back in the 1970s, another craze called "CB Radio" swept the country, and a few million people bought a CB radio and put it in their car. Technically, they were supposed to get a $20 (later $4) license.

No one got the license.

To the point of this thread, you could be fined $10,000 (or more) if you operated without a license.

Pretty much no one was ever caught or fined.
10-4 good buddy.I'm going 10-7 at my usual 20

well, we probably have a million or more unindicted criminals running around out there because of this. nothing like a new government law you can pass overnight and instantly make thousands of criminals out of honest citizens. imagine the fees the government could collect if they spend a week tracking down all the scofflaws. it's a silly law because they are doing nothing meaningful to enforce it with tells me it's purpose is questionable.
Right on. Unenforced or unenforceable laws are nothing but trouble.

Of course .. that's the way the government works with every other compulsory registration system.
Like the way every dog owner had to hand in their dog or car owners now without their cars.

The problem with that reasoning is you haven't come up with a likely reason for the government to decide that everyone should hand in their drones.
And you would have trouble with that because there is none.
Really .. you sound like you believe you live somewhere like North Korea rather than the land of the free.
Tell me about this dog thing. I have not turned mine in to anyone.

Where I fly my drone I have almost zero risk of ever getting a fine from the FAA but for grins I went to the website to see what it was all about. I'm now registered. $5 and five minutes. No big deal!

I started wondering why the "law would allow" such ridiculously high fines for flying without a registration. The only plausible explanation I could come up with would be the fact that should anyone ever try to sabotage something with a drone and it was not registered, it would be another avenue of severe civil punishment in addition to any criminal charges the action might incur. Don't have a clue how valid this comment is, but it makes some sense.

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
Where I fly my drone I have almost zero risk of ever getting a fine from the FAA but for grins I went to the website to see what it was all about. I'm now registered. $5 and five minutes. No big deal!

It's not a big deal, the process is simple. If anything it keeps people accountable and forces them to behave. The penalty is what needs tweaking. Personally I feel they approved outrageous penalties because they know enforcement is very difficult, common scare tactic when you want a population to behave but have very little resources to actually enforce something. Same thing is done with hunting and fishing penalties where they take your boat away if you catch X fish or take your hunting equipment and truck if you shoot animal X. I almost never bump into LEOs out in the ocean or wilderness but the stiff penalties keep my attention to their websites, I never want to violate anything.

Don't forget to apply the FA serial number to the UAS. I used a PTouch and placed it on the *** end of the MPP.

Reactions: sar104
Back in the 1970s, another craze called "CB Radio" swept the country, and a few million people bought a CB radio and put it in their car. Technically, they were supposed to get a $20 (later $4) license.

No one got the license.

To the point of this thread, you could be fined $10,000 (or more) if you operated without a license.

And, THEN, eventually, the gov't completely did away with the CB licensing requirement, and you could just own and use a CB at will. I was a "legal" user w/ a license for about 3 months, then the law was changed. LOL

And, THEN, eventually, the gov't completely did away with the CB licensing requirement, and you could just own and use a CB at will. I was a "legal" user w/ a license for about 3 months, then the law was changed. LOL
don't remember cb's, never used one. but i remember the early days of mobile phones.

Reactions: GGehret

No one got the license.

So am I to understand that just because some hippies didn’t register their CB radios (that cause absolutely no potential physical harm whatsoever) that people shouldn’t follow a law now that guarantees the safety of potentially thousands of people if simply followed? And for a whopping 10 minutes of their time and $5. This is problem w the world.

So am I to understand that just because some hippies didn’t register their CB radios (that cause absolutely no potential physical harm whatsoever) that people shouldn’t follow a law now that guarantees the safety of potentially thousands of people if simply followed? And for a whopping 10 minutes of their time and $5. This is problem w the world.
So the registration of CB radios that the government set up was pointless? Odd that they would create a registration that is pointless.

Registering drones "guarantees the safety" of thousands of people? Please explain how this is possible.

I guess now that the registration is in place nothing will ever go wrong. So I wonder why Section 336 needed to be changed.

The "problem with the world" is the willingness of too many people to submit to the whims of their governments.

Here is a rambling reply to this nonsense.

I started and ran my own company back in the mid-1980s, but as I look now at all the regulations we have in the USA that didn't exist back then -- almost all of which aren't needed, and all of which make running a business fantastically more difficult -- I don't see how any of us benefit from more rules and regulations in every facet of our lives. As one example, people like those posting here managed to totally change the rules of how our local water company obtains its water. We now have the most expensive water -- by a HUGE factor -- of any place in this country. I have had a single monthly water bill that was $900.

Back to the drone license.

If everyone gets a license, how exactly will that help anything?

Is the license going to stop stupid drone pilots? No.

Is the license going to improve safety, and if so how?

Did cell phone laws stop people from texting while driving, or talking without hands-free?

Some people, as you can see from comments left in this thread, feel it is their right and duty to control other people and, that by doing so, all sorts of bad things will be stopped.

It just doesn't work that way.

I reviewed a "white paper" being prepared for the DHS on drone threats to national security, and there are some pretty horrendous scenarios. However, absolutely nothing being proposed will reduce any of those threats or make us safer.

Folks this thread has devolved into personal attacks, rude and CRUDE comments, and babbling on about same ole same. Nothing is coming from it except members losing their cool.

We've cleaned the thread of the CRUDENESS and warning/vacations to follow.

***Thread CLOSED***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54