DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Permission request page is stuck...

Julian Flores

Reactions
cannot allow photos and location by pressing the blue bar at bottom (allow all) because it doesn't respond. Any ideas?

cannot allow photos and location by pressing the blue bar at bottom (allow all) because it doesn't respond. Any ideas?

'Allow photos' with what? Which device, which application? Is it a prompt from the DJI controller app, or from the OS of the display device you use (OS or Android)? Do you have a screen shot?

Chris

'Allow photos' with what? Which device, which application? Is it a prompt from the DJI controller app, or from the OS of the display device you use (OS or Android)? Do you have a screen shot?

Chris
Mavic Pro 2 / DJI Go 4 / enter Device / Permission request / happens just before Camera on drone comes on live... It says Allow All (photos and location)... in blue bar at bottom of screen. Screen shot attached

Attachments

• IMG_4389.PNG
    IMG_4389.PNG
    290.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Is there a second screen of permissions you need to go to? Where the 1 in the blue circle is, there is a 2 in a circle. does clicking on the 2 help?

Yeah, I'm at a loss.

I myself have experience of being out in the field and getting a DJI Go 4 prompt that didn't seem to accept any kind of input, but when I got home, I found a (very poorly designed) radio button that needed to be touched first, something that was not visible under sunlight (even with a shade/hood).

But there's nothing like this here. I would probably press other areas (you probably have) such as the Photos or Location title or icon (above the blue bar) and all other areas. It looks like it wants to go to the 2nd page after that.

Failing that, I would probably go to the DJI forums and ask a support person to describe what is expected of this screen / what's supposed to happen to proceed.

Chris

Reactions: Julian Flores
Yeah, I'm at a loss.

I myself have experience of being out in the field and getting a DJI Go 4 prompt that didn't seem to accept any kind of input, but when I got home, I found a (very poorly designed) radio button that needed to be touched first, something that was not visible under sunlight (even with a shade/hood).

But there's nothing like this here. I would probably press other areas (you probably have) such as the Photos or Location title or icon (above the blue bar) and all other areas. It looks like it wants to go to the 2nd page after that.

Failing that, I would probably go to the DJI forums and ask a support person to describe what is expected of this screen / what's supposed to happen to proceed.

Chris
Thank you Chris so much! I tried using both my iPhone and my iPad with no luck. The two other things I think might be an issue is that (1) I was getting a lot of magnetic interference notifications on the remote controller screen. Will try again out in the middle of a park somewhere else and see if things go better. Also, (2) I did NOT update to the latest release because when I tried to download it several weeks ago, I went through all the regular steps until the camera went live and a splash screen popped up saying that the version was not compatible so I reversed the version one level lower.

I've seen a YouTube video advising to not upgrade because DJI removes the ability to reverse the 'upgrade' but I think the YT video addressed the FPV (?) goggles upgrade as the only issue talked about so far (not affecting the Mavic Pro 2), but I was wary and decided to wait since at the time there was an advisory on the splash screen that DJI will (supposedly) issue a functioning update for the configuration I have.

Will try again tomorrow and advise. If there's still a problem I will follow your advise and contact a DJI support person for further advice. Again, thank you very very much!

Julian

Thank you Chris so much! I tried using both my iPhone and my iPad with no luck. The two other things I think might be an issue is that (1) I was getting a lot of magnetic interference notifications on the remote controller screen. Will try again out in the middle of a park somewhere else and see if things go better. Also, (2) I did NOT update to the latest release because when I tried to download it several weeks ago, I went through all the regular steps until the camera went live and a splash screen popped up saying that the version was not compatible so I reversed the version one level lower.

I've seen a YouTube video advising to not upgrade because DJI removes the ability to reverse the 'upgrade' but I think the YT video addressed the FPV (?) goggles upgrade as the only issue talked about so far (not affecting the Mavic Pro 2), but I was wary and decided to wait since at the time there was an advisory on the splash screen that DJI will (supposedly) issue a functioning update for the configuration I have.

Will try again tomorrow and advise. If there's still a problem I will follow your advise and contact a DJI support person for further advice. Again, thank you very very much!

Julian
Problem solved - when I powered up the DJI GO 4 app without the drone connected, the same page came up asking for permission to access to GPS location and pic files. THIS TIME the buttons were 'active' so I managed to proceed to the next page (2) and all is functioning properly now.

The only new problem is the rubber cover to the USB access port came off! It was apparently held on by a very small rubber peg which tore off the cover side and remained in the hole in the side of the drone. I think I can just put some tape on the cover to hold it in place, but I'm not sure flying with that super small piece of plastic/rubber won't interfere with some 'moving part' inside the drone body. Does anybody have any suggestions of opinion? Picture attached.Broken Memory Card Cover.jpg

I suggest that you backup whatever file you need to backup like videos, photos, flight logs, etc. Then, delete the app completely, and reinstall it. I just got a new iPhone (SE 3rd gen), so maybe the version was not adequate or some other mismatch. After launching the freshly downloaded app, the startup screens were working fine.

Reactions: Julian Flores
I suggest that you backup whatever file you need to backup like videos, photos, flight logs, etc. Then, delete the app completely, and reinstall it. I just got a new iPhone (SE 3rd gen), so maybe the version was not adequate or some other mismatch. After launching the freshly downloaded app, the startup screens were working fine.
Thank you! I will back up all records and videos and if needed will delete and reinstall at that time. Again thank you for your suggestion!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU