DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Permits in Philippines Manila/Boracay/Isabela/Ilagan needed?

PunkishBaby

Reactions
My son and I are going to the Philippines for 2 and a half weeks vacation. We are staying 10 miles south of Manila for 3 days and off to Boracay for 4 days. The remaining days will be further up north in Santiago Isabela. Will we need to apply for permits for our mavic mini? Thank you in advanced!

I tried there and it's been over a month and no replies. I'm thinking we will just go to each city's local authorities and ask for permission

South of Manila, mainly be aware of dust in the air as Taal is still spitting up quite frequently, I would be sure to have a landing pad. Manila itself, just be aware of NAIA (no fly within 10km). Be sure not to fly within 20m of people. Boracay, from what I've been able to find out, is a no fly zone. Isabela should not be a problem, however the Binaue rice terraces are in the area. Since they are a UN World Heritage site, there may be restrictions near those. The same would apply to Intramuros in Manila itself. Most other areas, common sense should guide you, keep away from Malanañang, Luneta park, any embassies, military bases etc.

Reactions: PunkishBaby
South of Manila, mainly be aware of dust in the air as Taal is still spitting up quite frequently, I would be sure to have a landing pad. Manila itself, just be aware of NAIA (no fly within 10km). Be sure not to fly within 20m of people. Boracay, from what I've been able to find out, is a no fly zone. Isabela should not be a problem, however the Binaue rice terraces are in the area. Since they are a UN World Heritage site, there may be restrictions near those. The same would apply to Intramuros in Manila itself. Most other areas, common sense should guide you, keep away from Malanañang, Luneta park, any embassies, military bases etc.
Great Info! Thank you! We will still ask permissions of each City's authorities, just incase. Do we still need to apply for permits for cities/towns we go to? Thanks again!

Great Info! Thank you! We will still ask permissions of each City's authorities, just incase. Do we still need to apply for permits for cities/towns we go to? Thanks again!
I didn't when I was there a year ago, but I was traveling with locals. I guess it wouldn't hurt. One thing, expect to draw a crowd when flying, everybody knows about drones, but probably have not seen one, be polite and be willing to answer questions, you will make friends.

My son and I are going to the Philippines for 2 and a half weeks vacation. We are staying 10 miles south of Manila for 3 days and off to Boracay for 4 days. The remaining days will be further up north in Santiago Isabela. Will we need to apply for permits for our mavic mini? Thank you in advanced!

Boracay yes you need a permit (and the fun police constantly patrol the beach issuing fines so you'll get caught using a drone without).
A permit is dead easy to get though, just go to the mayors office and ask for one. Whole process took about 15 mins.

Boracay yes you need a permit (and the fun police constantly patrol the beach issuing fines so you'll get caught using a drone without).
A permit is dead easy to get though, just go to the mayors office and ask for one. Whole process took about 15 mins.
It could be problematic at the moment, most government offices are partly closed due to covid. Also you will not be able to leave Manila until you have done 14 days of quarantine and you may even need to do 14 days quarantine at what ever city you arrive at.

Under 7kgs, non-commercial use, purely hobby or recreational purposes - you do not need a permit. This is as far as the Civil Aviation Authorities are concerned.

However, that being said local governments are allowed their own restrictions.

Best to check with the local mayor or barangay office. Or missing both, you can ask the hotel for help or ask the local law enforcement authorities.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan