DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PFCO training

Will Cheyney

Reactions
Does anyone here have any experience or indeed recommendations for a UK based flight school offering PFCO Commercial Drone Operations training? Ideally in the South East/London area.

Thanks all!

I would highly recommend RUSTA I did my training with them in Bristol and they were great. I think they have venues around England.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I'm looking at doing mine with Coptrz who can teach in various places around the UK.

Does anyone here have any experience or indeed recommendations for a UK based flight school offering PFCO Commercial Drone Operations training? Ideally in the South East/London area.

Thanks all!
I went with AMP (Aerial Motion Pictures) near Oxford. Really friendly and helpful. They're also right at the end of RAF Benson's runway so you learn about unlocking NFZs first hand.

Reactions: Nirwin
I went with AMP (Aerial Motion Pictures) near Oxford. Really friendly and helpful. They're also right at the end of RAF Benson's runway so you learn about unlocking NFZs first hand.
Hadn't see these guys. They look good. And have a competitive price!

Do you take your test with your own Mavic?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I'm assuming this is aimed at UptheDowns...?

My understanding is the flight test is done with your drone in Atti Mode only you can't turn the gps off on the Mavic can you?

My understanding is the flight test is done with your drone in Atti Mode only you can't turn the gps off on the Mavic can you?

From what I'm reading doesn't look like it. Will need to call the training facility to see what the best options are to go from here.

From what I'm reading doesn't look like it. Will need to call the training facility to see what the best options are to go from here.

Would love to know what they say. Am thinking of doing the exact same thing. Keep us updated with what they say please?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Would love to know what they say. Am thinking of doing the exact same thing. Keep us updated with what they say please?

Am now booked for the end of the month. Stupidly forgot to ask!
Sure I'll get all the information I need later though and will let you know

How did you get on with the mavic and the course?

Not specifically a Mavuc course, but a PfCO. Theory now completed. Now need to put in place an operating manual and actually take the test.

According to the guys I did it with, you can use a Mavic but the test would be changed slightly compared to other drones due to not being able to use ATTI mode.

Learnt a lot about basic rules of flying, especially from a commercial sense.

Sent from my SM-G850F using MavicPilots mobile app

Not specifically a Mavuc course, but a PfCO. Theory now completed. Now need to put in place an operating manual and actually take the test.

According to the guys I did it with, you can use a Mavic but the test would be changed slightly compared to other drones due to not being able to use ATTI mode.

Learnt a lot about basic rules of flying, especially from a commercial sense.

Sounds good, didn't there site say they helped you with a operational manual? I did have a quick look at it. Will defiantly be booking onto one then if I can use my mavic to do the test flight. Keep us updated on how it goes

Sounds good, didn't there site say they helped you with a operational manual? I did have a quick look at it. Will defiantly be booking onto one then if I can use my mavic to do the test flight. Keep us updated on how it goes

They'll help you sure, if you pay for the 3rd day and go on the pro course and pay the extra £500.
There is a company out there that can help that if done with icarus, will cost £300.
It's a lot to write a d put down properly. Trying to see if it's worth just paying up for someone else to write with my consent.

Your ops manual become a your bible so you need to make sure you're happy with everything that gets put in.

hi guys,
so any of you that started doing the PfCO training courses finish them and can recommend any near London area?

Sorry guys, missed the trail of replies. I did my AMP training with my Inspire. Don't fly a Mavic but keep an eye on the forum as it's a fascinating little drone. I've moved beyond PfCO now and have gained an OSC to operate at reduced distances. Even managing to pick up OSC consultancy work! Good luck with your PfCO.

I have a Mavic and am doing the pfco at the moment. I'm doing the 4 day course with Coptrz and the venue is at Highfield Park in Hook, just past Farnborough.

I'll let you know what they do about ATTI mode where my practical on Thursday.

I spoke to the instructor from Cambridge UAV at a photography show a few weeks ago and he told me that they would issue a GPS only recommendation for pfco, but Coptrz are insisting on testing your ATTI abilities. I wouldn't be surprised if i have to do the ATTI party of the test with the instructor's Inspire, we'll see.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078